Thread: Corruption quick reference guide

Default Corruption quick reference guide

I needed a handy reference to remind myself of hidden corruption penalties and removal priorities, so I ended up making this table because the wiki lacked anything similar. Decided to share it in case anyone finds it useful—for one, I tend to forget important details when spending months away from the game.

Ranking is based on analysis from respective wiki pages, overall severity of disadvantages and needs for mitigation, as well as personal experience. You can copy or download it if you want to rearrange rows or sort them alphabetically. Further discussion on ranking and undetermined disadvantages is also welcome. I also added link to it to the Talk:Corruptions page on the wiki in case the editors miss this thread.

(Note: the table doesn't list benefits since they're immediately obvious and/or easy to memorize.)

Please note that if you have acid blood, any cats that attack you and get splashed with your blood, may die and their deaths will be credited to you. True story.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Wikia has the table (for about two hours) - http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Corruptions_quick_table.

It's rather subjective - I was inclined to give astral planes 9 and I could not care less about cats...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Please note that if you have acid blood, any cats that attack you and get splashed with your blood, may die and their deaths will be credited to you. True story.
    That's hilarious - pretty sick. Imagine a court case where you are accused of murder because someone attacked you with a knife and got killed by a contamination in your blood because it sprayed all over his face.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    That's hilarious - pretty sick. Imagine a court case where you are accused of murder because someone attacked you with a knife and got killed by a contamination in your blood because it sprayed all over his face.
    At the same time, if you create a trap the cat ends up dying to (one of my preferred methods of dealing with them), the cat lord won't count that against you. :v

That said, it's still a minor price to pay for a very useful elemental immunity and a source of passive damage. But now that I think of it, summoners will likely find it annoying or even deadly. For instance, if you're a bard traveling with a super dangerous pet, and it gets splashed with your acid blood, you're very likely to get your ass handed to you instantly. I'll reconsider my ratings later today or tomorrow. This discussion and Soirana's input have been useful.