Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Betrayed by the forces of the Ice Queen

Default Betrayed by the forces of the Ice Queen

Gogo was a 20th level Drakeling fighter, an extremely promising character who had received 3 weapons of devastation (including an adamantium sword of devastation) and found two rings of Djinni Summoning before Khelavaster.

She was on her way to the tomb of the high kings and decided to present herself at the court of the Ice Queen.
    I usually drop my inventory in the gremlin cave for my first visit, but for some reason decided not to on this visit. My weight was over 2000s so I decided to drop some inventory in the map just before the ChAoS dIpLoMaT so I wouldn't fall through the ice. I knew the Ice Creatures would become hostile if you picked up any of the loot from their battle with the Fire Army. I was not aware that they became hostile if you picked up your own dropped gear. Since the forces of Ice were broadly triumphant over the forces of Fire in this battle, there were many elementals and dragons remaining after the battle. As a drakeling, Gogo was immune to ice attacks thanks to the Ancient Mummy Wrapping, but wasn't immune to the slowing effect of ice attacks.

After receiving the first Ice Queen quest she was leaving through the aftermath of the battle and was surrounded and frozen down to 10 speed before she knew what was happening. She had no opportunity to escape, and was only able to zap a wand of ball lightning once in a desperate attempt to escape death before the treacherous Ice Beasts overwhelmed her.

The wicked Ice Hag will pay for her villainy!

Bummer, I didn't know you couldn't retrieve your own dropped gear either.

Though the ice in the ice queen domain is special in that it can actually hold 3000s as opposed to the traditional 2000s

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

The fun part is that ice in IQD is more sturdy and supports 3000 stones, instead of the regular 2000.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

My weight was also above 3000 so knowing that wouldn't have saved me.

The even more fun part is that the ice in IQD doesn't break on screen transitions, so you could have safely dropped your stuff on the next level instead.

now that part IS pretty fun...

It's the same in the water cave. You can't drop anything. If you try to pick ANYTHING up, you get "Mortal? Are you SURE you want to pick that up?" etc... There's a lot in there too - it's very tempting. Probably the most tempting place in the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by cottreau View Post
    It's the same in the water cave. You can't drop anything. If you try to pick ANYTHING up, you get "Mortal? Are you SURE you want to pick that up?" etc... There's a lot in there too - it's very tempting. Probably the most tempting place in the entire game.
    Yes, I never look anymore

Personally, I enjoy killing the water dragon. It's a fun challenge in the mid to late game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Personally, I enjoy killing the water dragon. It's a fun challenge in the mid to late game.
    How would you compare her in power?
    What do you use just missile with dragon slaying ammo?

Also need to have speed to avoid dragon turtles and other stuff in there who deals serious damage.

Maybe another thing on my adom todo list ....