Thread: Worst way to die

Default Worst way to die

It was all going well. Lord English the Level 19 Orc Barbarian had been crowned with Vanquisher, precrowned with robes of resistance, found 2 rings of Djinni summoning (one used on a girdle of giant strength) found +9 To Bracers of toughness, and was looking very promising for the ToEF. At Darkforge he dropped most equipment to avoid burning (remembering fireproof blankets makes it worse), and got mana battery. Easy problem, just go to High mountain village to grab scroll of corruption removal to get his wans back, so he grabs a scroll of teleportation, treks to the village, grabs the SoCR, and has not way out. Prayed until solars got him.

AARRGGHHHHHHH.

Not sure if it will make you feel any better, but my worst death:

Nice char (hobit monk, iirc) going for ultra. Got everything needed for ultra, nice quipment. On d49.

Put on chaos medal and crown, but still need 5 or so corruptions. Start quaffing potions of raw chaos.

First (or maybe second) corruption is blot the sun -- I did consider lighting torch, but well it's few sips.........

I don't believe i've left d49, but maybe i hit <>(i doub it, might have moved one square)... Well, if you ahve not guessed yet...

Corruption kicks in darkness, char is doomed due to chaos artifacts, grues were waiting.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)