Thread: Truly random?

Hybrid View

Default Truly random?

It was looking bleak for my level 7 grey elven wizard. Diseased and just got hit by a kobold down to 1 HP. Next feverish fit would do it. My god would only rumble the ground at me... No healing potions or spells, no herbs... Didn't even want to take a step. Hmm... Potion of Wonder? *glug* And I suddenly knew how to cast Cure Disease

That was lucky.

How did you get diseased anyway? Did you eat a kobold corpse by mistake?

My characters almost never get sick any more since I learned to not eat kobold corpses unless they're kobold shamans (+1 Ma) and I have some way of curing it.

That was from getting hit by a rat. And it seemed like too much luck, but welcome!

Honestly, the change to basic rats for disease-on-hit is one of the most ridiculous things I can imagine. It's merely another thing that throws early game characters straight to the dumpster.

I see similarities in the low TO characters dread of rat disease and the orc/troll fear of early game ghosts.
    Dwarfs are safe from both and humans are a bit susceptible to both.

As far as I remember rats always had a small chance to cause disease on hit, I'm pretty sure this is nothing new.