Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Silfir: From Zero to Hero in Six Small Steps

Ok, putting up our elementalist.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

Assuming Subconscious gets his paladin through, and nobody dies, a 3 person rotation means whatever character you do in Mission 1 you do in Mission 4(Water Orb), whatever you do in Mission 2 you do in Mission 5(DT + ToEF) and whatever you do in Mission 3 you do in Mission 6(Griffyard + Endgame)

Do we already have the rotation worked out(a set order from the start) or will we need to do it once Subconscious finishes his turn?

Order we finished in is order of rotation? Since I finished first I am at the top of the list, then harwin, then sub.

So mission 2 would be

Sradac: Paladin
    Harwin: Elementalist
    Subconcious: Healer

mission 3 I would have the healer, harwin would have paladin, sub would have ele

etc, etc.

works for you?

mission 3 will be easy for whoever has elementalist for ToEF.

Actually ToEF shouldnt be bad. By that point in the game all 3 of these chars should be pretty strong.

Sorry to keep you waiting. Here we go.

Got marble amulet, bought some food.
    SMC: first kill was an orc. Found nice cloak and shield. Adamantium halberd. Picked up blanket, To, Str and Dex increases.
    UD1: Halber rocks! Im using it now as my main weapon. Found neutral altar.
    UD2: Sounds of ants and hole near the stairs. Had to kill a cat. lvl 6, To increase. I took hardy. Found pickaxe. Str and Ap increase. Karmic lizard scared me out of the level.
    UD3: Dex increase. Got poison resistance. Outran another carmic lizard. I hear wind howling altough I can't find anything.

Somehow I have managed to mess up the levels. Some level between 1-5 was just nothing. I didn't go back to just check which level was which one.

Ud5: A vault message. And certain tension of gnolls. The vault is undead one. Lvl 9. Decided to take very quick. Lots of normal loot. 2 Spellbooks and twohanded sword.
    Ud6: Picked some herbs, no patterns. Our shield (I didn't even use it) is torn apart by a booby trap. Gra(e)y oozes are pain in the ass, our long sword is corroded.
    UD7: Special room which prevents starvation. Tried to read the books for couple of times. Too hard for now. Found long sword 32 stones.
    UD8: Another herb level. Stabilized one pattern but didn't stay to farm.

Entered HMV
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nice, subconscious!
    What's in the stable herb pattern on UD 8?

A warning about the healer - I don't think I managed to install any intrinsics. He's got his food preservation up, so it shouldn't be a big deal to do, but right now I don't think he has any.

Quote Originally Posted by Sradac View Post
    Order we finished in is order of rotation? Since I finished first I am at the top of the list, then harwin, then sub.

So mission 2 would be

Sradac: Paladin
    Harwin: Elementalist
    Subconcious: Healer

mission 3 I would have the healer, harwin would have paladin, sub would have ele

etc, etc.

works for you?

mission 3 will be easy for whoever has elementalist for ToEF.

Actually ToEF shouldnt be bad. By that point in the game all 3 of these chars should be pretty strong.
    Works for me, but I know Silfir had some specific ideas about rotations, just don't want to screw with his plans(whatever they are)

The other teams don't seem to care, so neither should we - only restriction of course that our current assignments may not be repeated, and those of mission 2 will leave mission 3 with one possible assignment. Regardless of the order, we will retain free choice for mission 4, and by extension ToEF and the gate... I'll be leaving it up to you how comfortable you are with the respective characters doing mission 2.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

In that case Ele for me mission 2 and pally mission 3 sounds fine.

I can do healer just fine for 2 and pally for 3. When do we start?

Guys, you need to consider the order of your whole team. Harwin taking the Elementalist means Subconcious has to take the Healer and Sradac has to take the Paladin. If you're all okay with that then go ahead and start whenever you wish.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!