Thread: What?

Default What?

Maybe this should go under bugs, but I'm playing r60 ASCII version, so I'll just post it here. Today, I went to Yergius, the master thief, to go learn Pickpocketing, but he said that he was lonely and needed company. Has this happened before? Can this happen with ALL NPC's? (I like to imagine a lonely demented ratling or something weird like that.)
    wow.png

I'm not sure if it can happen to all NPCs, but it is something I've seen with quite a few different ones. If you tell the tiny girl about her puppy dying, then she seems to be guaranteed to say this the next time you chat with her. Accepting gives a small lawful boost (20 stones at level 1).

There's a somewhat similar NPC message, where they complain about being hungry ("Ugh, me's so hungry" or something) - probably giving them food in this case is also a small lawful boost. I don't think I've seen an explanation for either message, apart from just being a rare random occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzcrank View Post
    Can this happen with ALL NPC's? (I like to imagine a lonely demented ratling or something weird like that.)
    I don't recall that (or hunger message) ever happening in DT. But I've had cases of selective memory...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)