Thread: Android keyboard

Default Android keyboard

I've installed ADOM on my android phone which should greatly reduce the risk of boredom on train rides.

I'm currently running the r60 DOS-version on an emulator and switched the keyboard from Samsung to Perfect Keyboard Free, because the latter features a numpad.

So far it works quite well, but there are a few issues:

1. There's no Ctrl-Key, so some features are either inaccessible (such as Mindcraft) or tedious (such as selling stuff).
    2. There are no F-keys, so changing tactics via Shift-T is very tedious. Especially for me, since in certain fights I usually switch between Coward (First Aid) and Very Aggressive every turn.
    3. Some keys that need to be pressed rather often (such as <>) are awkward to use (i.e. you have to switch to the second page of the keyboard).

So, i was wondering if maybe anyone has found a good solution already?

- The best thing IMO would be a programmable keyboard app where you can completely choose the keys displayed on your screen. Please tell me such a thing exists already

- The next best thing would be a keyboard app with numpad, Ctrl-Key and F-keys.

- Or one could change the keybindings inside ADOM I guess (never done that) and maybe use all those letter keys, e.g. (c)oward, (b)erserk, etc
    gremlin - karmic lizard, dark orc, acid vortex, staring eye - dragon turtle, fairy dragon, ogre lord, minotaur emperor - pit viper, orc butcher - greater mimic, dark elven wizard, carrion crawler, dwarven child - imp - ochre jelly, dark elven archer, king cobra, goodwife - kobold shaman, magebane eye, floating eye, quickling king - giant centipede, hill orc sergeant, mimic hivemind, greater claw bug, brown bear, large gnoll - giant bee queen, giant ant warrior, shadow centipede, kobold

adom keys are in adom.kbd, iirc. These are fairly easy to edit.

you can try hacker's keyboard, I gues . not sure about F keys --- https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ion.pckeyboard
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)