Thread: Toughness grind?

Default Toughness grind?

So I managed to get a dark elf thief quite some ways.
    He's got good enough gear and decent stats ... except for toughness, with 103 hps at lvl 18 I feel frail.
    The 13/13 toughness needs some work.

I've done moldy(r1)/shadowy(r2) and saved khelavaster (got lucky and found an aols).

Any suggestions on how to improve that?
    Do hill orcs respect potentials? I guess wilderness grind is not that effiecient (also no food preservation).

I'll probably end up playing on as normal but hey, I'm even scared of dark forge golems one shotting me.

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    So I managed to get a dark elf thief quite some ways.
    He's got good enough gear and decent stats ... except for toughness, with 103 hps at lvl 18 I feel frail.
    The 13/13 toughness needs some work.

I've done moldy(r1)/shadowy(r2) and saved khelavaster (got lucky and found an aols).

Any suggestions on how to improve that?
    Do hill orcs respect potentials? I guess wilderness grind is not that effiecient (also no food preservation).

I'll probably end up playing on as normal but hey, I'm even scared of dark forge golems one shotting me.
    Graveyard, undead corpses and morgia (corpses for potential, morgia after). Long shot without weapon of hunting.

Swamp hydras, maybe, if you have blessed longbow of hunting
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Graveyard, undead corpses and morgia (corpses for potential, morgia after). Long shot without weapon of hunting.

Swamp hydras, maybe, if you have blessed longbow of hunting
    Yeah, I have the morgia but no hunting weapons.
    I'll try darkforge+tothk if I survive that I should probably do water temple, wisdom is also a few hps if I don't find any to potentials.
    There's not that many monsters that can pack 100+ damage in a single hit.

Game was suspiciously kind, got several increases from corpse/morgia combo and corpses that didn't insta rot.
    And finally my first potential to on top of that.
    200 hp wall broken with water orb, now just hope that I don't get another GUV in FGJC.