Thread: Saved games help

Default Saved games help

So my old computer broke and on a new computer I redownloaded adom - I had a back up of files and wanted to keep playing my level 35 mist elven wizard going for an ultra - would be annoying to lose him. However, when I copy over the svg into the new saved games folder it isn't being recognised as acharacter - any way to remedy? Thanks!

You'll need to use an older version of ADOM if you want to continue playing that character. If you are playing the free version of ADOM, you can try one of the old versions from here. If you are playing the Steam version of ADOM, you can select a version as far back as r64 on Properties > Betas.

A yes, free version does not have save game compatibility (hrm is that correct spelling).
    Shell out a few bucks for the steam version and you can load up the game.

An alternative is to remember what version you ran and download and install that older version.

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    Shell out a few bucks for the steam version and you can load up the game.
    This is almost certainly not true. The Steam version is compatible with saves from r60 (current most up-to-date free version) and r59, but not from p23 (most up-to-date version on the old downloads page aside from r59).
    Last edited by Grond; 03-03-2017 at 09:13 PM.

thanks guys - got my game back