Thread: Magic Missile accident... annoying

Angry Magic Missile accident... annoying

I have a level 22 crowned human wizard, searching for an amulet of life saving before going deeper into the CoC and casts a Mystic Shovel spell to create a shortcut between staircases for later, and accidentally presses the wrong letter and hits magic missile instead, it bounces back and forth a few times and I'm dead.

This isn't the kind of thing that an actual wizard would ever do, so it's more than a bit annoying. It isn't the first time it's happened to me either. That's a lot of hours playing the character and exactly the reason why I want to play with reloads on, but will get no achievements at all if that happens.

Sigh... frustrating, since it was, otherwise, going so well. Brannalbin's Cloak of Defense as a crowning gift too, since I'd gotten staffs the last two times - invisibility that you can turn on and off is nice and you don't have to keep casting to make sure you're invisible via the spell etc... Anyway, had looted Darkforge, drank all the pools dry with no wishes etc... so was just searching after that.

I once had a priest who learned enough spells that Greater Divine Touch and Teleport were on the same letter but on different pages. Guess what happened while trying to teleport?

Having your fingers roam automatically is good and bad.

There are key sequences that I remember, that go wrong when I learn a new spell.

I don't really play with the shortcut function - maybe time to do that.

I'm over that death now - I got another wizard with similar stats and who found some seven-league boots, so I have calmed down.