Thread: Dwarven Mystic Pillar

Default Dwarven Mystic Pillar

I have this very odd urge when I play ADOM. I love Dwarftown, and the small pillar where the Dwarven mystic lives is one of my favourite spots. Not only do I read spellbooks there, and recover from a trip by getting my HP and PP back to max, I leave lots of stuff there for later. It's mostly artifacts I don't need, but climbing set for on my way back up, the Tome of Donors for when I get back, I might be able to read it again etc.. etc...

Anyway, I imagine far, far in the future, some dwarven teen finding his way to the stash that I've left and it means that I don't want to leave any cursed stuff, or any "worthless pieces of green glass" etc... it's all good stuff, all uncursed etc.. etc...

Does this happen to anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by cottreau View Post
    I

Does this happen to anyone else?
    Not in the mystic cave (too much hassle of getting in/out) -- ogre vae typically gets treassure chamber although
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

I prefer the hidden in plain sight theory, I stash right next to thrundarr and close the door, no one ever steals my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Not in the mystic cave (too much hassle of getting in/out) -- ogre vae typically gets treassure chamber although
    Yes Ogres have a cozy home, I don't have wand charges for storage teleports.

The Orgre cave works, since it's empty at the end of the quest. I hadn't thought of Thundarr's room - nice.

I have been playing as a wizard for the last few dozen games and teleport isn't that hard to come by. I quite like the helm of teleportation or the Cloak of Oman - as long as you can take it on and off and have teleport control, it's great. I've played a lot over the last few months, and the last game was the only one where I'd seen a helm of teleportation.