Thread: Your favorite character in ADOM (Lore-wisely)

Default Your favorite character in ADOM (Lore-wisely)

There are many different characters in ADOM. From the innocent tiny girl, to the terrible Hotzenplotz, from the foolish Yggaz, to the wise Thrundarr, from the pathetic Demented Ratling, to the Andor Drakon itself...the question is - which one is your favorite(s), and why?

The Assassin prince - assassins in all corners of the land answer to him, bringing him not only wealth and security but knowledge. He knows very well that Needle is the companion to his own dagger Sting, which is why he will give you the Filk assignment as opposed to his army of master assassins, he either gets famous or gets more powerful depending on who survives, after all what does Filk need with a small black dagger when he is fast enough to run straight through enemies.

Though clearly preferring to deal with dangerous people such as Filk or Yourself indirectly he's no slouch in a fight either his capabilities far outstrip any of those that serve him.

I also like his monster memory entry - This man is very unimpressive and appears to be able to blend into any crowd without difficulty. There are no special marks on him and nothing exceptional can be noticed... if he doesn't want it. He regards you with a calm gaze and just for a short moment shows his true visage: that of a calculating mastermind and relentless killer. This gaze nearly makes your heart stop.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Mine is Rehetep. I do not know why, but I strongly associate him with Papyrus from Undertale. Like, seriosily, the only thing which is missing is the NYEH-HEH-HEH at the end of his invitation. If only he was peaceful, though...
    Last edited by Zap-zapper; 04-16-2017 at 01:21 AM.

Old crone, probably.

You know speed, knowledge... and it is probably closest reference to the culture I grew up in.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

She is a wonderful granny, I believe

The Demented Ratling. Was he just a regular ratling, corrupted by chaos? Who does he work for? Why does he eat artifacts? What do they taste like? And why the hell is he tolerated by the residents of Dwarftown? "Oh, that's just old ratty, he's a bit strange but he never hurt anybody... you know, he's always been here, long as anybody can remember."

Thrundarr, I like dwarves and I like cookie cutter fantasy where I can play the goodie hero who saves the day.

I do miss that theres no elven NPC's.