Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How (un)common are completely random artifacts?

Default How (un)common are completely random artifacts?

I just found Hammerhead lying around on the floor.
    No surge of power, no artifact guardian, it didn't even drop from a monster.
    How lucky did I get exactly ?

And plus one more question : darkforge has increased chance to generate artifacts?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul 1602 View Post
    You got super lucky! However it is possible that a monster fought another monster and died to give you that artifact
    As for darkforge, I think it's a slightly higher chance to find an artifact, but not that common. For me it's like maybe 1 in 20 characters.

It's somewhere on the pickpocket artifact rarity level. IIRC Thomas comments, surge of power actually happens when artifact is rolled as a item on the floor (on level geenration), so findings like these should happen from monster to monster fights. But these are to rare to be certain about that.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    It's somewhere on the pickpocket artifact rarity level. IIRC Thomas comments, surge of power actually happens when artifact is rolled as a item on the floor (on level geenration), so findings like these should happen from monster to monster fights. But these are to rare to be certain about that.
    On a side note, I'm not sure if you can pick pocket artifacts anymore! I obscessively pick pocket but I haven't gotten an artifact that way since before the ressurection.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    You got super lucky! However it is possible that a monster fought another monster and died to give you that artifact
    As for darkforge, I think it's a slightly higher chance to find an artifact, but not that common. For me it's like maybe 1 in 20 characters.
    An artifact is very lucky, a useful one is plain awesome.
    When I've had those drops it's been scorched spear, black thumb or similar low tier artifact, maybe just a coincidence.

Darkforge generates a decent amount of items which seems to be similar to high dl drop paired with the fact that we "always" visit the place ....

It's a good place for finding longsting or wyrmlance.

On a side note, I'm not sure if you can pick pocket artifacts anymore!
    How many non surge artifacts were found on the floor in that period?
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    How many non surge artifacts were found on the floor in that period?
    In my memory, 2. Surges ~6-7. In the years before ressurection I pickpocketed whirlwind twice preserver once and ring of immunity 3 times.

IIRC Thomas comments, surge of power actually happens when artifact is rolled as a item on the floor
    Hm, maybe it did drop from a monster then, though I found it maybe 15 tiles into the dungeon level.

An artifact is very lucky, a useful one is plain awesome.
    On a weaponsmith too!

In my memory, 2. Surges ~6-7. In the years before ressurection I pickpocketed whirlwind twice preserver once and ring of immunity 3 times.
    Sounded interesting untill I recalled missing screenshots of bloody dagger...

Hm, maybe it did drop from a monster then, though I found it maybe 15 tiles into the dungeon level.
    Or maybe game somehow failed to produce surge of power.