Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How (un)common are completely random artifacts?

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    If you have no time to play... why do you think you have enough data to make up claims about artifact pp chances?
    It's not fucking data!!!!!!!!! I have no idea how many characters I have played, there are no controls set in place, I have just not gotten an artifact by pockpocketing since the ressurection, and I pick pocket a lot! Have you gotten any? Yes? No? Has anybody? Is it so hard to have a basic discussion without having every word picked apart by some stupid troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    I have no idea how many characters I have played...
    Yes? No?
    How you decided to be on pp a lot side when? Cause it sounded cool?

Returning to the topic of bloody daggers -- I still don't get do you accept idea that these are extremely uncommon as pick pockets -- or are you just few hours short of providing proves for opposite? Yes? No? Promoting hysteria on adom.de?
    Last edited by Soirana; 04-23-2017 at 01:43 PM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

How you decided to be on pp a lot side when? Cause it sounded cool?

Returning to the topic of bloody daggers -- I still don't get do you accept idea that these are extremely uncommon as pick pockets -- or are you just few hours short of providing proves for opposite? Yes? No? Promoting hysteria on adom.de?
    Lol, they are not super common to pp. i was wrong in the initial steam discussion.

Your first sentence came out bad, I don't know what you meant. But I do pp a lot because it's like a lottery, you never know what you may get. Usually garbage, but a lot of scrolls, potions and sometimes rarely a knife.

Lol, they are not super common to pp. i was wrong in the initial steam discussion.
    There is huge difference between super common and extremely rare (which is my position). I will keep asking for that shot then.

But I do pp a lot because it's like a lottery, you never know what you may get. Usually garbage, but a lot of scrolls, potions and sometimes rarely a knife.
    Average eternium man attempt PP in adom 1.1.1 PP for 100k+ times. Combining these lead to some observations, which lead to some ideas. According to these ideas pp artifact ought to be more rare (1.1.1 used fixed partial artifact list for randoms -- 10s and under were more common-- at least in low DL)

Well, again I could post these observations etc, but I'd rather do it after the already mentioned screenshot.

I would call 100K a lot. Poking unknown number of goblins in unknown DL is... not a lot by any rational PoV...
    Last edited by Soirana; 04-23-2017 at 02:30 PM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!

Ook.... let me rephrase then. Pickpocketing a bloody dagger is extremely rare.

As for the second statement, wtf?? How am I going to compare a typical game to a super tedious challenge game? Why would I? Compared to a typical player I probably pp more, but I have 0 frame of reference so all I can say is I pp a lot. In the early to mid game I pp most monsters until I get enough stuff to carry me through with ease. I could easily survive without doing that but I like to anyways.

I could easily survive without doing that but I like to anyways.
    So you like drawing chances of never generating something cool like Protector -- cause it's got on your list through PP nonsense (seemingly artefact gets generated and then gets rejected --- never apeparing but making entrance to artifact list -- http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2164) (Thomas selected to believe this issue was fixed through making gremlins non pick pocketable ).

Well, again if you really PP a lot instead of abstract declaration you would have met the issue. It did happen to me in one of public games (some roleplay on server, iirc).

I am somewhat confused -- does extremely rare stuff typically happens in four PC going to lv10 timeframe? Cause half of page ago you claim that...

So you like drawing chances of never generating something cool like Protector -- cause it's got on your list through PP nonsense (seemingly artefact gets generated and then gets rejected --- never apeparing but making entrance to artifact list -- http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2164) (Thomas selected to believe this issue was fixed through making gremlins non pick pocketable ).

Well, again if you really PP a lot instead of abstract declaration you would have met the issue. It did happen to me in one of public games (some roleplay on server, iirc).

I am somewhat confused -- does extremely rare stuff typically happens in four PC going to lv10 timeframe? Cause half of page ago you claim that...
    First part, I have literally no clue what you are talking about.

Second part, I did find the dagger on my 4th character, it was probably super lucky I found it so early on, but it's not like you believe me anyways so whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul 1602 View Post
    I just found Hammerhead lying around on the floor.
    No surge of power, no artifact guardian, it didn't even drop from a monster.
    How lucky did I get exactly ?
    Actually got scorched spear w/o surge message from tension room.
    Not super early but after dwarf town so made animated forest trivial since it slays the trees, also added considerable damage compared to what I had before.

... it's very rare and here I get another not long after prev one (probably less than 10 characters in between), this time from surge, guarded by de priestess in d5-6.
    My assassin now rocks preserver, omg it's op, the regen ability seems like a ring of regen and then the other abilities are also very good.