Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Announcing the ADOM QueenSlayer Competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    Hm. Do you have to personally kill her, or does it suffice to have her die, just somehow.

Specifically, can I wish for a banshee?
    You do have to have her on your kill list in the FLG, not sure if killing her through other means (pets and such) will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    You do have to have her on your kill list in the FLG, not sure if killing her through other means (pets and such) will do that.
    Pet's steal kills and the don't appear in your kill list (which is good in some cases but not here).

Announcing the ADOM QueenSlayer competition, brought to you by the /r/roguelikes Discord! This competition is a bit different than the last one, as it is a modified speed run... the goal is to kill the Ice Queen in her castle and leave the Drakalor Chain in the fewest number of turns! Here are the terms:

* All players must start with the same starting game save (provided on the discord, link below), which is a Drakeling Beastfighter with the Cup starsign and Alert as the starting talent.
    * To win, you must slay the Ice Queen in her castle and leave the Drakalor Chain as soon as possible... the player who accomplishes this in the fewest number of turns wins!
    * In order to claim the win, you must either submit a character flag file (.flg) showing your win, or a VOD detailing the whole run... If submitting a FLG file, a small write up is appreciated but not required.

The competition will run for two weeks! We are offering the following rewards for three players who complete the challenge in the fewest number of turns:

* First place: A Dungeonmans game key (provided by the very generous Jim|Dungeonmans, thank you for that!), alongside the special contest winner role
    * Second place: The contest winner role
    * Third place: The contest winner role

The contest winner role grants access to our #ascension channel, where you can talk exclusively with the staff and other contest winners.

If you have any questions about the contest, feel free to ask one of the @Mods. Otherwise, let the games begin... Death to the Queen!

(ADOM Forum Note: As this contest is brought to you by the /r/roguelikes (reddit subforum) Discord, please visit our server here: https://discord.gg/BfVfNcY to download the initial savegame. Also, any FLG's or VODs must be submitted to us there.)
    And I'll add it an ADOM Steam code for the winner! Good luck - may the RNG be with you!
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

Is there a strict deadline to this?

Cause I blew passable attempt since apparently i was doomed (I should have killed enough beggars to drop to C in hindsight)(was on pace for ~12k turns), sigh. Not fancing all the char restarts once again.

edit: flg preview

HTML Code:
                                                                            ^^^^^
                                                                           ^^^..^
                                              ~~~~~*^^^===               ^^^*.@^^
                                             ~~~~~&&&========="""""""&&^~^^^^.^^
                                 ^&&        &&&&&&&&&&&&==""""""""""&&~~~^....^
                                ^^^^^      &&&&&&&&&""""=""""""""""&&&&&o..~^^^
                                ^^*^""    """""""""""""=="""""""""&&&&&&&&&&^^
            ~^^^              ^^^^^""""""""""""""""""  =""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&
           ^^^~~~            ^^^^^"""""&&&&"""*&&&&""""=   """&&&&&&&&&&&
            ^o~~~~          """""""""&&&&&&&&&......^^^^=   """""&&o&&&&
           ^^^~~~~"        """"""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&.^^*^^    """""&&&&&
            ~~~~~"""""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&....^^^       &&""&&
             """"""""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&*&&   &&&&."""" "===="""""~
              """"""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&     &&&""""""==""====""~
               &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&^^^        &&&        """""===""""""""~~
                &&&&&&&&&&&&^^^^^                     &&&""""""=^^"""~^
                 *^^^^^^^*^^^^^^                       ^^^^*^^^^^^^^+^^
                   ^^^^^^^^^                            ^^^^^^^  ^^^^^^

#ADOMContest  St:11  Le: 6  Wi: 8  Dx:10  To:34  Ch: 1  Ap: 8  Ma:11  Pe:11 C
    DV/PV: 60/19   H: 262(262)    P: 49(49)      Exp: 16/249360    DrCh   M: 10920
    Starving Strained! Coward

He: uncursed rusty orcish helmet [+1, +2] {Pe-2}                     [100s]
    Ne: uncursed rusty amulet of free action                               [3s]
    Bo: uncursed light furs [+0, +3]                                     [180s]
    Gi: uncursed mithril girdle [+0, +2]                                  [20s]
    Cl: uncursed cloak of protection [+0, +3]                             [20s]
    RH: uncursed flaming eternium scimitar "Spite" of corruption (+0, 2d8+8)
    LH: uncursed hateful eternium scimitar "Terror" of mayhem (+0, 4d8+14)[19s]
    RR: uncursed ring of mental stability [+0, +1] {Le+1}                  [1s]
    LR: blessed ring of acid resistance                                    [1s]
    Br: uncursed bracers of toughness [+0, +0] {To+4}                     [10s]
    Ga: blessed gloves of smiting [+0, +0] (+1 damage)                     [6s]
    Bo: blessed boots of speed [+5, +0] (+8 spd)                          [20s]
    MW: -
    Mi: heap of 8 uncursed lumps of clay                                  [40s]
    Tl: -
    I wish I had time to try going under 10k... at least I've learned few things about current version.
    Last edited by Soirana; 05-03-2017 at 05:32 PM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin View Post
    And I'll add it an ADOM Steam code for the winner! Good luck - may the RNG be with you!
    I had heard from Ravenmore that you guys might add to the prize pool, that is super awesome! I will make an announcement update with the news. Thanks for making the competition a bit more interesting =D

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Is there a strict deadline to this?

Cause I blew passable attempt since apparently i was doomed (I should have killed enough beggars to drop to C in hindsight)(was on pace for ~12k turns), sigh. Not fancing all the char restarts once again.

edit: flg preview

HTML Code:
                                                                            ^^^^^
                                                                           ^^^..^
                                              ~~~~~*^^^===               ^^^*.@^^
                                             ~~~~~&&&========="""""""&&^~^^^^.^^
                                 ^&&        &&&&&&&&&&&&==""""""""""&&~~~^....^
                                ^^^^^      &&&&&&&&&""""=""""""""""&&&&&o..~^^^
                                ^^*^""    """""""""""""=="""""""""&&&&&&&&&&^^
            ~^^^              ^^^^^""""""""""""""""""  =""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&
           ^^^~~~            ^^^^^"""""&&&&"""*&&&&""""=   """&&&&&&&&&&&
            ^o~~~~          """""""""&&&&&&&&&......^^^^=   """""&&o&&&&
           ^^^~~~~"        """"""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&.^^*^^    """""&&&&&
            ~~~~~"""""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&....^^^       &&""&&
             """"""""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&*&&   &&&&."""" "===="""""~
              """"""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&     &&&""""""==""====""~
               &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&^^^        &&&        """""===""""""""~~
                &&&&&&&&&&&&^^^^^                     &&&""""""=^^"""~^
                 *^^^^^^^*^^^^^^                       ^^^^*^^^^^^^^+^^
                   ^^^^^^^^^                            ^^^^^^^  ^^^^^^

#ADOMContest  St:11  Le: 6  Wi: 8  Dx:10  To:34  Ch: 1  Ap: 8  Ma:11  Pe:11 C
    DV/PV: 60/19   H: 262(262)    P: 49(49)      Exp: 16/249360    DrCh   M: 10920
    Starving Strained! Coward

He: uncursed rusty orcish helmet [+1, +2] {Pe-2}                     [100s]
    Ne: uncursed rusty amulet of free action                               [3s]
    Bo: uncursed light furs [+0, +3]                                     [180s]
    Gi: uncursed mithril girdle [+0, +2]                                  [20s]
    Cl: uncursed cloak of protection [+0, +3]                             [20s]
    RH: uncursed flaming eternium scimitar "Spite" of corruption (+0, 2d8+8)
    LH: uncursed hateful eternium scimitar "Terror" of mayhem (+0, 4d8+14)[19s]
    RR: uncursed ring of mental stability [+0, +1] {Le+1}                  [1s]
    LR: blessed ring of acid resistance                                    [1s]
    Br: uncursed bracers of toughness [+0, +0] {To+4}                     [10s]
    Ga: blessed gloves of smiting [+0, +0] (+1 damage)                     [6s]
    Bo: blessed boots of speed [+5, +0] (+8 spd)                          [20s]
    MW: -
    Mi: heap of 8 uncursed lumps of clay                                  [40s]
    Tl: -
    I wish I had time to try going under 10k... at least I've learned few things about current version.
    There is a strict time limit, the contest ends on May 10th! Just so you know, we've seen some exceptionally fast times so far, all under 10k =P

There is a strict time limit, the contest ends on May 10th! Just so you know, we've seen some exceptionally fast times so far, all under 10k =P
    Good, won't need doing more runs.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Note that there have so far only been entries from two people. While the front-runner has submitted multiple entries (1881, 6501 turns), second place is at 9438 turns, and there is no third entry. At time of writing, any successful entry is good enough to place.

Announcing the winner(s) of the ADOM QueenSlayer Competition! We only had a couple entries, but the resulting wins were awesome nonetheless! Here's the run / prize breakdown:

1st Place: God of ADoM , AKA Yolla. Yolla's run was a combination of extreme luck and skill. He got an early Wand of Wishing (incredibly rare), and was able to use that to generate some key things that he needed (Greater Moloch's for experience, invisibility, and wands of acid). He then snuck into the Ice Queen's Domain and slaughtered her with offensive alchemy in 1881 turns! This run's speed was incredible, and because of that I'm pleased to reward him with either an ADOM steam key or a Dungeonmans steam key of his choice!

2nd Place: Grond , AKA Yulgash. Grond's run was interesting in that it utilized a different tactic to level up to the required level (15)... He sacrificed Walden (the shopkeeper in Dwarftown) after powering him up a ton with Si Haggling, giving him a ton of experience in the process. After draining a pool he found in the Shadowy Dungeon to gain a number of necessary intrinsics, he used offensive alchemy to slay the ice queen, doing so in 9438 turns! Because of this, I am happy to reward him with the remaining game key!

Both players (although Yolla already has it) will also be awarded the Competition Winner role, granting them access to our #ascension channel. Overall, this has been a fun and interesting competition, and we will surely have more! For anybody who'd like to take a look at the FLG files, I will attach them to this message. I will be reaching out to the winners shortly to distribute their prizes. Thanks again to everyone who participated!

Yolla's Run: https://pastebin.com/LF4VyPzS
    Grond's Run: https://pastebin.com/ciGTRbtq

(This contest has been brought to you by the /r/roguelikes Discord server. If you haven't come and checked us out, and want to talk about roguelikes, come find us here.)

What were the wands of acid for? Molochs?