Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your least favorite weapon type?

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    Sabres and Shortswords. Too weak to be useful. I suppose it's nice flavor though, having the whole medieval arsenal. They could get buffed to use less energy per attack or have a higher to-hit chance. Without that though they pale in comparison to better options, daggers and longswords/scimitars.

Close second is probably the giant hammers, only in the very beginning of the game are they even remotely useful. For their weight you'd think they'd do more damage.

Thirdly the garbage orc axes. They can't be higher metal and always suck.
    Sabres (d6+2) not only have better damage than longsword (d8), broadsword (d7+1) and scimitar (d8) but are also lighter than any of the counterparts.
    Orc axes are a good source of income in the early game if you are able to cart them to a shop.

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    Sabres (d6+2) not only have better damage than longsword (d8), broadsword (d7+1) and scimitar (d8) but are also lighter than any of the counterparts.
    Orc axes are a good source of income in the early game if you are able to cart them to a shop.
    Oh the +2 is intrinsic to sabers? I suppose that's iron, and mithril gets +3, adamantium gets +4 etc?

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    Oh the +2 is intrinsic to sabers? I suppose that's iron, and mithril gets +3, adamantium gets +4 etc?
    Yes, mithril is +5 and adamantium sabre is d6+8.