Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your least favorite weapon type?

Default What's your least favorite weapon type?

As the title suggests, I'm curious as to what weapon types no one likes and why? I'm going to guess it's either quarterstaves or whips.

My least favorite is polearms-- mainly because my beginner years were devoted to playing with spears and I got a bit curious about other types after a while. Now I usually don't bother with them anymore.

I never use whips or two-handed weapons, shields are just too good. If I can find a decent spear or a sword early on I usually stick with it until finding something better.

I never used quarterstaves for a long time, until I had a mindcrafter completely specialize in them. the DV bonus was fun for sure.

Least favorite? General two handed weapons.

i actually love 2hand swords and halberds but as for least favorite would have to be whips or drakish scurgar.

Quarterstaves, even the special ones aren't good enough to trump big punch and they're made out of flimsy material.

Whips, I should maybe try whips with some dextrous character but just like staves these also go poof too easy.

Of the regular types warhammers really stinks, mostly because they rarely do enough damage, I'm not sure what the idea was but look at the garantueed eternium one from glod, it's rarely even useful before big punch.

I've come to really like 2h weapons whenever I find one good enough, especially Vanquisher, eternium 2h's with special rolls and Grod.
    Mino axe is .... boring dungeon with game breaking weapon, oh well enough of a tangent there ....

I'd really like whips, if just they were less fragile (or that there was an Artifact whip-type weapon or two)
    Closed Gate with: Orc Barbarian, Orc Paladin
    Ultra'd with: Gnome Weaponsmith (L+)

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    I'd really like whips, if just they were less fragile (or that there was an Artifact whip-type weapon or two)
    Yeah, that's a pretty big downside for sure. I've had pretty good luck with them in the past though, between ring of ice and lucky/fate smiles i don't lose too many when I use them.

Edit: I think it would be fun if I could use aylas holy scarf as a whip though! There's no good reason, it might just be neat.

I don't know why for sure, but i feel like using a scourge as a 'baseline' for a whip-like Artifact would be better
    Closed Gate with: Orc Barbarian, Orc Paladin
    Ultra'd with: Gnome Weaponsmith (L+)

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    I don't know why for sure, but i feel like using a scourge as a 'baseline' for a whip-like Artifact would be better
    Yeah I agree. Or maybe instead of a scourge dropping from balors there'd be a 'demonic' scourge dropped instead, with flaming properties and a higher base damage. oh well, probably just a pipe dream considering all the better ideas out there that remain un-implemented.

Sabres and Shortswords. Too weak to be useful. I suppose it's nice flavor though, having the whole medieval arsenal. They could get buffed to use less energy per attack or have a higher to-hit chance. Without that though they pale in comparison to better options, daggers and longswords/scimitars.

Close second is probably the giant hammers, only in the very beginning of the game are they even remotely useful. For their weight you'd think they'd do more damage.

Thirdly the garbage orc axes. They can't be higher metal and always suck.