Thread: Conan's Challenge.

Default Conan's Challenge.

Was reading Conan novels when the thought struck me to place Conan in the Adom world.

I decided on the following rules, for my attempt(s).

Must play a Male Human Barbarian named "Conan".

Must become a crowned neutral champion.

Must battle in the arena until Dak says no one is willing to fight you anymore.

Must Tame at least 2 Female Beserkers by giving them wedding rings.

Must Leave the Draklor Chain with both Female Beserkers and at least 50000 gold.

(although I realize leaving with the beserkers in tow is unverifiable.)

I will post my attempts as I go along - (in a novel fashion of course, though I'll skip repeating the verbosity I've already covered should my first attempt fail).

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

1st attempt: Gave him Alert and Hardy talents to stay closer to Conan's Character, later gave him Very and Extremely Hardy, And Quick.

Conan enters the Draklor chain, having nothing but the clothes on his back, his two-handed sword, and his lucky amulet(generated with an amulet of luck.) After stopping in the village of Teryino, he was asked to help discover whether the village carpenter still lived as he had in many days not yet returned from his trip to a nearby cave. Having nothing better to do as he is wandering he agrees to go look for him.

Nearly immediately upon entering the caves he is assulted by a horde of giant frog-like creatures, backing into a narrow corrider he begins slicing them one by one until they stop coming, not too challenging but more than he was expecting merely looking for a missing carpenter. He begins to suspect there is some deviltry at work in this cave, but he gave his word to find Yriggs, so find him he shall.

His suspicions of deviltry seem confirmed as he follows Yriggs trail downwards, encountering many various monsters and feindish traps throughout the place, he finds a hermit wandering the halls. After learning that he is not Yriggs but rather Jharod, a wandering Healer, he discovers as Jharod insists on magically healing his wounds, that deviltry is at work, not merely in this particular cave, but in the entirety of the Draklor Chain, is ensorcelled by chaos and will soon become a wasteland.

Having no means of stopping the approaching chaos, and no need to put himself further in harms way Conan decides this is largely irrelevant to him and he'll simply deal with whatever monsters he encounters as they come.

Upon reaching the depths of the cave Conan finally finds Yriggs, alive, if it can be called that, as the chaos of this place has clearly driven him insane. Yriggs viciously attacks Conan with much greater strength than he should have, and Conan is forced to fight him in turn, after a few attacks Conan delivers a "mighty blow" to Yriggs, splitting him cleanly in two.

Realizing there was nothing he could have done Conan returns to the village of Teryino to give the elder the news before moving on further west. (actually did puppy cave first for XP, and moldy cave for the book)

Notable Loot at this point - Adamantium Flail (+0, 2d4+11), Large Crystal Shield (-1) [+10, +2] Gained Petrification Resistance from a pool in puppy cave.

I'll play more after I get back from work.

That human barb 2h sword is so nice in early game, packs a good punch and place high on my favourite race/class combo.

Yeah, its been forever actually since I played a barbarian, forgot how fun it is to just smash everything, and this one has been pretty lucky so far.

Gained Very Quick Talent.

Hearing that there was a nearby people famed for their smithing skills, Conan decided to visit these famed dwarven halls, however the way was not so easy, having to fight monsters across a broad raging river, rusting most of his equipment and then upon arriving he discovered that the prices for thier weapon-craft was exorbitant due to his being an outsider, so he agreed to do certain tasks for their elder in exchange for lower prices.

In between tasks Conan fought in the Arena earning gold. Conans reputation grew greatly after he defeated Ripclaw the troll who was the chammpion fighter before him. He also faced Chillbreath the frost giant berserker(I didn't know you could generate the new bosses in the arena fights.) After which no one would fight him anymore for as Dak declared "we believe, that ye art invincible."

So returning to dwarftown, tasks completed, and a sizable amount of gold from his winnings, he had them forge the best of equipment for him, before he heads out again further west.

(the winnings were not enough for a crowning unfortunately, and since that and winning the hearts of two bersking wenches are all that remains it may be a while before I have any more to post on this.)

Notable loot at this point - Cloak of invisibility (-1, +0) [+1, +3], Mace of Destruction (+4, 5d6+6), Golden Gladius, Ancient Mummy Wrapping, Ankh

Killed in Darkforge fighting hordes of iron golems - A teleport trap put him next to the down staircase, which was still locked at this point, so retreating and healing between golems became impossible.

Ouch, thats probably the worst possible tp trap result in there

Yeah - I was doing pretty well up until then too.

Oh well, I'll start another and try again.