Thread: Best place to grind items/wishes?

Default Best place to grind items/wishes?

My Paladin is stuck. I don't have a wish available, I don't have a ring of ice. Otherwise he is nicely equipped and has great stats. Hate to let Khelevaster die, since I take my sweet time playing and corruption can be an issue so those scrolls will be nice. Hate to do the tower of fire with no ring, I have blessed fireproof blanket though.

Been grinding TotHK cavernous levels, hasn't resulted in much good stuff yet despite pickpocketing everything. Biggest stacks of potions and rings to dip into PoEX are 5 or less and I'd like to get more value before doing it.

So is there a 'best' place to do this endless massacre to get what I need?

All pools have been sipped, moon sickle was sacced for crowning, I have the worst luck with that damned thing anyway. Getting to the point where I might just say "F*ck it" and do the tower with everything burning up. Which will annoy the crap out of me but perhaps less than making zero progress trying to grind out answers.

A ring of ice is garantueed from mystic if you know requirements.

Otherwise I enjoy the random dungeons because it's new exploration while grinding.

Shadowy is a bit low lvl and more for finding common potions/scrolls, but you can find the odd awesome item on occation.
    Sinister is 5 lvls deep and usually contains atleast one vault (I've seen it with 3 vaults but that was extreme).
    Ancient if you dare.

On the other hand, if you're able to grind TotHK then you're probably ready to tackle frost giant jarl caves.

Hmm, I must have been lawful or the ring got destroyed somehow... don't remember at this point.

Guess I'll check out the Ancient caves and see if some shops got restocked.

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    Hmm, I must have been lawful or the ring got destroyed somehow... don't remember at this point.

Guess I'll check out the Ancient caves and see if some shops got restocked.
    Oh I forgot, of course you can also use potion of exchange on ring stacks, not only for djinni ring but in this case also for ring of ice.

Hadn't played them in a while, realized I did in fact have a ring of ice, and was grinding for a wish/ring of fire for IQD. Then YASD in the vault, urgh. Was so bad I had to write a post about it in that forum

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    So is there a 'best' place to do this endless massacre to get what I need?
    The greater vault in the ice queen palace is probably the best place, if you're strong enough to handle it.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.