Thread: Wands of Knocking...

Default Wands of Knocking...

I had a decent game going with a level 21 Gnomish Farmer(pre/crowned with Boots of the Divine Messenger and hammer of the gods), though I did accidentally kill a cat. Whatever, no big deal, I don't need that damn ring anyway. Especially when...

..I summon an Emperor Lich on one of the random dungeons with a blessed scroll of familiar summoning. Used him to walk through the UD like nothing, then went to the Ice Queen's domain to train him up a bit. He had no problems taking on everything there while I served as a tank with dual crystal tower shields. So I get the quest to kill Haggar and I'm working my way there, all the way down to the fifth level. There's a closed door, so I go to open it up...

BOOM. Booby trapped. Hits my Emperor Lich, who proceeds to annihilate me in 2 turns. I had 2 wands of knocking in my inventory too.

Soon as I read about the overpowered pet I knew it was either going to be a explosive rune door trap or a fireball trap, haha.

Heck, you don't even need to do either, they can turn on you randomly for no reason.

Dang. In the future though if you plan on having pets, perhaps you should invest a few k gold in some keys from a certain shady key dealer.