Thread: Ice queen with drakeling

Default Ice queen with drakeling

So, I'm about to tackle ice queen with a drakeling, to be more precise the barbarian prince.

After one emarrassing death, my recent drakeling quaffed 4 blessed potions of speed and it did the trick, this time it seems I got one potion of speed, no alchemy.
    I can deal with most stuff but afraid of the speed 10 death.

Any other tricks to boost speed?
    I've got 2 boost dexterity potions I guess that would get me a small increase.
    Fireball traps in the trap area can be used for a small increase but it may very well be gone 2 rooms later.

If you want to only talk to the Queen (with no Diplomat or other fight), then a source of invisibility should suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by koctyxa View Post
    If you want to only talk to the Queen (with no Diplomat or other fight), then a source of invisibility should suffice.
    Not really, but one blessed potion of speed was sufficient to get me around 100.
    What I've done and failed with before was walking up to him with the low drakeling speed and trying to hit him over the head.
    Now instead I boost speed a bit and make sure I have human slaying ammo.

There is an easy way to kill the chaos diplomat with speed 10. Throw a potion of cure corruption at him. It will kill him instantly.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    There is an easy way to kill the chaos diplomat with speed 10. Throw a potion of cure corruption at him. It will kill him instantly.
    Does the status of it matter? Like, could it fail if it's not blessed?

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    Does the status of it matter? Like, could it fail if it's not blessed?
    Status does matter, although uncursed potions are usually enough to kill him. Thankfully, it also removes his corrupting and penetrating melee attack in the event that he survives.