Thread: energy cost for movement from different sources

Default energy cost for movement from different sources

Hi all!
    I am bewastfighter 30 lvl, with blessed slb and with corruption: base movement cost 750. What about my totaly energy cost for movement? Dis corruption is a overkill? or maby all 3 sources multiplicative?

And some test: i start moving on world map and move from minotaur maze to barbarian home. I start in 74d 20h 20m 20s. With all three sources - i reach barbarian in 75d 1h 2m 47s. W\o corruption i reach barbarian in 75d 2h 2m 9s. w\o slb but with corruption i reach barb in 76d 5h 42m 44s. Cos of that i think game have some minimum energy cost for movement. and that corruption for beastfighter or monk its a overkill.

my save: https://mega.nz/#!wW533RSL!h-KUIRHrq...3yl3Ctd8hKTSpA
    Last edited by defik; 06-15-2017 at 11:55 AM.

The energy cost reductions stack, but in a rather complicated way.

Cost of movement = 100000\(100 + ((100000\750) - 100)*2 + ((100000\700) - 100)) = 480

Thankfully, you can check the energy cost of your actions in-game; just press :t until the dynamic display shows last energy cost (LE). If you are playing in ASCII, you may have to press CTRL+n m in order to be able to see the dynamic display.

Interesting. It works differently when walking in a dungeon vs the overworld map, which is further complicated by the terrain type, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    Interesting. It works differently when walking in a dungeon vs the overworld map, which is further complicated by the terrain type, right?
    Seven league boots don't give an energy cost reduction for walking across the overwold map (their travel time reduction isn't due to energy cost). All of the overworld tiles take 1000 base energy, with the exception of water which can take 1500 base energy. Of course, special terrain within wilderness encounters takes extra energy to cross. Energy cost increases seem to be factored in somewhat differently, increasing the numerator in the calculation (e.g. swampy patches would increase the numerator to 150000).
    Last edited by Grond; 06-15-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    Seven league boots don't give an energy cost reduction for walking across the overwold map (their travel time reduction isn't due to energy cost). All of the overworld tiles take 1000 base energy, with the exception of water which can take 1500 base energy. Of course, special terrain within wilderness encounters takes extra energy to cross. Energy cost increases seem to be factored in somewhat differently, increasing the numerator in the calculation (e.g. swampy patches would increase the numerator to 150000).
    Oh... I thought traveling on a road or plains cost less energy than going through woods, hills mountains and swamps. Or maybe I misunderstood and those just take more time.