Thread: What's going to kill me? Character report

Default What's going to kill me? Character report

Got my Ratling Archer, Nym to level (*edit* 19) and crowned with Suns Messenger!
    Acid immunity is meh, but I've got most intrinsics including confuse, para, petri & dr.
    An amulet of lifesaving was dropped by a random monster too.
    The early game was a breeze as I found an adamantium tower shield and a heavy crossbow of accuracy.
    Stats are decent, about 20 or higher for all relevant ones.
    Not much luck with stat potions yet but we'll see.
    Have 6 Fletchery kits waiting for when the skill reaches 100.
    Concentration and Literacy are in the 90s so soon I can read some basic books beyond bless and light.
    Two random shops generated, spellbooks and rings.
    All Dwarven Quests done, Pyramid done, up next are Khelevaster, Water Temple, IQD, TotHK.

SO... bets please, what monster/area/attack do you predict will kill me? Or do you think this will be a gate closer?
    Last edited by mjkittredge; 06-18-2017 at 01:01 AM. Reason: mixed up levels

Archer is probably the easiest class for my playstyle, I "almost" never even fail ud runs, something with them that is just extremely powerful.

As for your little Ratling, what was the IQD lvl 5 vault? was it any work?
    Lvl 24 isnt that high so I assume it wasnt a fire vault.

You could stumble into a dopple king, they can be really nasty if you're a bit hasty other than that I think you're fine.
    Tension room of ghost kings, one of my recent games had one on D50.
    Maybe you could mess up in a GUV.

But mostly I think you're fine.

Yeah I'd say he's fairly unkillable at this point... energy bolt from emperor lich? Nope, you have sun's messenger. Maybe being surrounded in the earth temple? Execute yourself with magic? I think blunk had the best idea, dopple king.

Yeah those doppleganger kings can do huge damage when they're extremely experienced.

If I got too cocky and tried to melee something dangerous like a Greater Titan or Moloch, or some Giant decides to fight to the death in a blind rage and gets 3 armor penetrating crits in a row.

I think I had one character get unlucky with potions of raw chaos, one exploded for like 250 damage and one shotted him. What element is that, fire or acid?

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    Yeah those doppleganger kings can do huge damage when they're extremely experienced.
    Don' they always do 1/4 of max HP? Can't recall if they get multiple attacks with xp (probably they do).(So if you have 20HP they won't go massive - just about 5HP per hit)

As killing goes... I would say overconfidence. It is a major force of PC destruction in ADOM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Lost an awesome human barbarian, on the way to gate closing to a Doppleganger King. Just lost focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Don' they always do 1/4 of max HP? Can't recall if they get multiple attacks with xp (probably they do).(So if you have 20HP they won't go massive - just about 5HP per hit)

As killing goes... I would say overconfidence. It is a major force of PC destruction in ADOM.
    from the wiki "Doppelganger kings are extremely dangerous monsters. They exactly mimic your own speed, DV, and PV. On top of that, their attack chance and to-hit bonus also appears to increase as yours does, and it seems that damage dealt by a doppelganger's attack adjusts to 20% of the PC's max HP"

so according to that, if your max HP was 100, just for easy math lets say, each hit would do 20 damage and that doesn't decrease as your HP goes down, each successive hit will also be 20, barring critical hits. Plus their attack is penetrating like Molochs and highest tier golems. At least at base level they only attack once. But they do have high magic resistance.

My character is raven born with a blessed ring of the clear mind so the confusion part shouldn't be too bad. Could melee them or use the blessed wand of fireballs or just teleport away.

Khelly is saved, Water Temple is done without any problems. Snake died to 2 blessed slaying arrows. Ate the corpse for the +4 dex and 4 mana, got 3 corruptions.

Poison hands had to go since no thick gloves, but bulging cranium penalties aren't too bad. I have plenty of HP (274 with 26 toughness) and 64/29 dv/pv on very aggressive.

On to Darkforge, then IQD to get quests, then TotHK, then FGJC. After that I'll have to think about it. Call me crazy but I like to do minotaur maze!

Death by threat room of quickling queens.

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    I've got most intrinsics including confuse, para, petri & dr.
    Teleport control?
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 06-20-2017 at 01:56 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Yep. Got a bunch of blink dog corpses stashed in Munxips shop from the ID so I can get it back after pool sipping at Darkforge. Also a ring of teleport control.

I hate quickling queens so much! But, I have a high DV and blessed wand of fireballs, wand of teleportation to run away if it gets dicey, alrunia and cure poison potions. A few unnering arrows while in coward mode should do the trick.