Thread: My first victory. Human paladin

Thumbs up My first victory. Human paladin

Finally justice have been served!

At about level 22 i wasnt that impressed with this character and i actually tried to start few spell casters but they just kept dying over and over again so i thought "fine i guess i have to play this"

At that point i was bored and angry, i didnt have controlled teleport or anything too fancy to brag about but i kept going. Soon i found Ring of teleport control that of course allowed me to access certain locations. So i went to meet dwarven mystic and he gave me the Rolf's Companion. After some head scratching i dedicated just to sacrifice it! Well this gave me plenty of piety and with some help of gold i soon was crowned super hero champion of the law master of the universe or something

And then there was this little gift.. long sword with odd weight, i identified it and it said Justifier. I looked at the damage numbers and first it didnt seem that powerful but my best buddy google told me otherwise! It slays Demons and undeads.. ok thats brilliant! Upon more reading i finally got the big picture, For paladins it doubles the damage! WTF

I immediately started descending into deeper levels of CoC (i had fire orb) and chopped everything i met into pieces with smile on my face!

Around level 30 or so text "You feel a surge of power" was generated! I knew what this meant but it had never happened to me before :O Ugly looking grue was guarding something.. but not for long before it was chopped to bits with my over powered sword and i took the item. It was Suns Messenger!

At this point i had strange feeling about whole situation, everything changed so fast from boring grinding to slaughterfest

I always make mincemeat out of cats so obviously cat lord wasnt happy with me but it was no problem. I lured him off the level and setup some webs into corridor. While he was busy fighting spider webs (lol) i was shooting him with poisoned arrows of darkness, poor thing never recovered and died surprisingly quickly, almost too quickly.

Deeper in the CoC levels i got my first warning about my mortality, if i remember right it was doppelganger king that reduced my hitpoints to 24 you can have any weapon you want in your hand but its no use if you are confused and someone is beating the shit out of you I managed to retreat and came back to surface to get some more exp.

I visited ice queen to get her quest for Haggar sure way to get some more exp for my character. It was the usual chop everything to bits until i met greater undead vault, i knew one thing from the past, do not mess with those fuckers! But with my bow i was tempted to try just a little.. soon i was fighting lich kings and such. Everything went well even lich kings werent that bad it was just time consuming and annoying. Emperor lich was another story tho, i was shitting bricks when he was right next to me and i was confused, luckily i managed to recover just in time and my bow saved my ass.

From here it was pretty straightforward, i went to CoC and started descending fast. Only tough spot happened at the air temple, Yulgash was easy but those diamond golems almost had me surrounded, i managed to brute force my way out tho.

Earth temple was easiest by far. I lured monsters out and easily pwned them with my sword, even Ancient stone beast was easy due to my Demon slaying sword.

Mana temple was easy too, got confused once but when that wore out Nuurag-Vaarn tasted some nasty arrows and the orb was mine.

I think i was level 37 when i entered D:50 this is where i had failed before but this time it was different. I mainly used just brute force to clear places and sometimes bolt spells to catch chaos wizards from range. When Fistanarius showed up i put few arrows into him and then gave finishing blow with sword.

Before leaving i did the unicorn quest to get rid of all corruption.

First time i played adom was around 1998 but it was on/off playing mostly, never got too serious about it but still after all these years this felt as a huge accomplishment! Massive respect for Thomas Biskup for creating this awesome game!

Congrats for the first one. It has that delicious taste. Paladin with Justifier is pretty strong.