Thread: Mist Elven Wizard vs. Nuurag

Default Mist Elven Wizard vs. Nuurag

After closing the gate with Mist Elven Barbarian and dying on the road from Terinyo due to silver, I've chosen to play something daunting.

Every step of mist elven wizard can be the last one. This gal was hard enough to survive to the Mana Temple. With Nature's Friend and Preserver, with 68 max HP dealing with Ancient Karmic Wyrms in the Air Temple and with surrounding walls in the Earth Temple was easy.

But then, Mana Temple is the final fight for wizards. The trap corridor is funny, because fire traps are so huge that half of the temple is alert. Alas, Nuurag shrugs bolts so Magic Missiling won't work. There are mana draining eyes, so ball spells or wands won't work either - he's immune to most of them. Missiles - I've got untrained bows and slings, so even with the cat's eye ring I cannot hit him - he has 69 DV, I've got 62 to-hit on berserk. Maybe I'll disable his magic... but I have no sling of the long shot, and I'm too far away from him. And one death ray shot hits me for 166 HP, way too much.

This fight could have been won. Maybe I should have used that ordinary ring and wish for potions of toughness? Or for books of acid ball? I've had enough scrolls of power. Maybe I should have started with shooting potion of blindness and potion of cure corruption? Maybe I should've equipped Earth Orb? Maybe I should've put amulet of death ray resistance on (do the death ray resistances stack?)

https://ancardia.uk.to/adom_users/ko...gs/rattie5.flg

Death ray resistance doesn't stack; having it removes the chance to be killed regardless of HP, but doesn't reduce the damage. Also, you weren't killed by death ray. Dying to death ray damage would give "was blasted by" instead of "was blasted with energy by" as the cause of death.