Thread: Defeating Li-Hon-Kay with drakeling?

Default Defeating Li-Hon-Kay with drakeling?

I've closed the chaos four times (with one drakeling as well as some other races) but I haven't encountered this problem before.

I have a pretty promising drakeling healer who is currently having trouble killing the ogre magus in the arena champion fight.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u67ouf1b6m...naime.vlg?dl=0

I've gotten him down to about severely wounded a couple of times by berserking him in darkness but eventually he always runs away and heals and there is nothing I can do about it because he's gotten my speed down to 10 (my PC is immune to cold thanks to the ancient mummy wrapping but it does nothing to stop the slowing effect).

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

I tried zapping myself with the wand of fire and zapping Li-Hon-Kay with the wand of paralyzation but neither of these ended up having much effect.

Because of the slow speed of my PC he can basically run rings around me.

1. Get your speed back by spending a lot of time in a dark area. Ogre magi can't see in the dark, so you won't get slowed down further if you wait there.
    2. When fighting him in the dark, block off his escape route with doors. Even if you can't manage this, getting him wounded before he has the chance to cast any cones of cold will make finishing him off much easier.

Thanks very much for helping me get through this fight!

It took a very long time but I was eventually able to get my speed back to 102 by walking around and around in one of my dark areas (if I just stood in place I would get attacked more often by the ogre magus).

After I got my speed back it was relatively easy to berserk the ogre magus to death. I dealt the finishing blow to him using my sling of the long shot (+3, +2).