Thread: Heir

Default Heir

I've generally been ditching any heir due to rarely playing hurthling/gnome and also going Treasure hunter line.

There's several good ones , some maybe a bit redundant, ie more damage with a class that already deals good damage.
    On the other hand high metal poison weapon at lvl 1 (assassin), awesome 2h (barb), 30 charges wand of fire (wizard), they speed up early game quite a bit.
    Elven chain (healer) and nice robes (monk) also looks good.

Do you go heir?
    Any favourite race/class heir choice?

Edit: ran a few barbs with heir sword, oh my it's powerful.

I usually only pick Heir with Bards and Thieves, sometimes with Mindcrafters. For my Healers I strongly prefer a True Berserk opening and the Monk's gift would need more PV to be interesting.
    I also really like the gift that has been introduced for Mist elven Necromancers, although it actually makes the game harder playing a caster without shield. It's just very stylish.
    gremlin - karmic lizard, dark orc, acid vortex, staring eye - dragon turtle, fairy dragon, ogre lord, minotaur emperor - pit viper, orc butcher - greater mimic, dark elven wizard, carrion crawler, dwarven child - imp - ochre jelly, dark elven archer, king cobra, goodwife - kobold shaman, magebane eye, floating eye, quickling king - giant centipede, hill orc sergeant, mimic hivemind, greater claw bug, brown bear, large gnoll - giant bee queen, giant ant warrior, shadow centipede, kobold

I have a Mist-Elf Merchant Heir game going, and the 2/5 Carrying leather armor is a vast upgrade from baseline Merchant gear.
    And yes, I am very close to ULE now, unless I screw it up.

The secret for that was buying lots of keys to avoid door death in early game.

Bards only for me, blessed 7LB from the onset is a huge early game boost and taming killer bugs is safer/easier.
    Wand for wizards is IMHO useless as I often get the relevant spell quite soon, or rely on cheaper and more universal magic bolt.
    I used to play thieves with the dagger but figured I had better chances in avoiding early game monsters rather than trying to kill them, even with a decent weapon.
    The mist elf staff is nice but since I don't play the race because it's annoying, it might as well not exist at all.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."