Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RNG, the game!

Thanks friends, those really help. What would chaos alchemy be though? I looked it up and didn't find anything. Also feel free to spoil anything.

Quote Originally Posted by butthurt View Post
    Thanks friends, those really help. What would chaos alchemy be though? I looked it up and didn't find anything. Also feel free to spoil anything.
    Dipping certain artifacts (easiest one to get is Moon Sickle) into potions will transform them into potions of raw chaos. Dipping anything into a potion of raw chaos will attempt to transform it into an item that can be generated in the current area (DL of the area or lower). If an item is transformed into itself, there is an explosion, but you are safe as long as you dip an item with higher DL than the area you are in. Potion of raw chaos itself has a DL of 8, so you can dip raw chaos into raw chaos in order to get more valuable lower DL potions (like gain attributes).
    Last edited by Grond; 07-30-2017 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butthurt View Post
    What would chaos alchemy be though?
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Raw_chaos_polymorphing

Probably need extra redirect if chaos alchemy is popular term
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Ohhh, that sounds awesome, will definitely try.

Yeah the tip about the wand of teleportation is really gold, it can hardly be overstated how much this item helps you surviving. Whenever you meet a dangerous monster (like that ghost king), it offers you a failsafe escape.

Another tip then: slay cats at will. Reading the Guidebook might have given you the impression that the cat quest is worth it. Do not believe it. The early game is far harder to survive than the late game. By the time you finally meet the cat lord, you do not need his ring any more. Don't make the early game harder for yourself than it already is.

Personally I like playing dwarves. They are a lot hardier than elves, but have a long enough life span to take a few hits from ghosts.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 07-31-2017 at 07:58 AM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.