A promising orc scroll merchant , had a 4 PV leather and tree star sign, bought iron boots in thief town.
Got through SMC, first room in ud1 is a mixed tension room, managed to flee down to ud2 but getting Toughness drained 18-->16.
Ud2 have an undead vault that I clean up.
UD3 an orc vault (easy clean).
First door on UD4 have a mixed tension room .... I see no less than 2!!!! iron golems and quickly head back up.

With the help of one wand and some patience I managed to clean up the vault on ud1 and also get a C altar to boost some piety (didnt want to bother with precrown, but maybe I should have).
I go back down to ud4 and grind one mob at a time including a cat herding, had to do an extra journey to altar for piety restock.

With some 12-13 pv, immune to pain talent and trusty orcish spear +4 I managed to kill both iron golems a hill giant and lucky berserked a lightning vortex, what happens ... stinking mummy hits me and I go sick, troll behind then kills me with "punch through" attack causing about 16-17 damage

Bah, looking at inventory I did have a charge left on fire wand but I thought Toughness 16 was good enough to withstand regular mummies.