Thread: Exploitable bug: Game crash after using Ring of Djinni Summoning

Default Exploitable bug: Game crash after using Ring of Djinni Summoning

Hi all,

this is my first post on adom.de (although I've been playing ADOM for 15+ years). If this is the wrong forum, feel free to tell me to go elsewhere :-)

My Dark Elven Archer (lvl 25) recently acquired a Ring of Djinni Summoning. After blessing it, I used it (while it was still in my backpack) and wished for Rings Of Ice (for the Tower of Eternal Flames). The game crashed immediately with "Trying to work on an item at an illegal bodypart":

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-03 um 18.02.52.png

ADOM version: 2.2.0 (Current version on Steam, as of 2017-08-06)

I restarted the game, and - lo and behold - I had a Ring of Ice in my backpack, and I still got the Ring of Djinni Summoning. Apparently, the wish was granted, but the game crashed when trying to modify the Ring of Djinni Summoning.

This is reproducible - I wished again (this time for Herbalism), got the skill, and retained the ring.

Needless to say, this is heavily exploitable - apparently, I now have a source of infinite wishes (I'll try to refrain from exploiting it, though). I'll happily provide additional information / a character dump if requested.

Kind regards,
    Frank

This is quite an infamous bug, and is supposed to be fixed in the next version: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4477

Yep, I've had that bug happen to me numerous times too lol. As Grond said, should be fixed for the next patch.

Thanks for the info - I guess I should have looked harder before assuming it was an unknown bug. Sorry for the noise!