Thread: Simply Cannot Find an Altar

Default Simply Cannot Find an Altar

As the title says, I'm having issues finding an alter.

Most games, I try to get a pre-crown before heading into the CoC. It's a little time consuming and maybe a little scummy but it increase my survival rates and is something I do on most games.

Generally, I find an altar in PC, UD or the other early dungeon. This time, no luck. I went to R1, R2 and R3 and found nothing either. By the end of R3, my level was getting a little too high and I was in danger of missing pyramid so I've now done that. By my calculations, I can still get a pre-cown (only two artifacts generated and I'm level 17) but I still need to find an altar.

Any advice?

I'll end by saying that as things stand, I don't need the pre-crown (lots of good loot) but this had become somewhat of an obsession for this game and I'd like to do it regardless.

Precrown in dwarf town? but remember si counts as an artifact.
    Guess you could check vddl also and upper area in darkforge also.

However if there isnt a good monster spawn area nearby it'll take ages.

I actually did a veeery rare precrown recently when I got a nice altar on pc4 and surprise, got Aylas scarf, yes that broken level of good.

Well, I found an altar.

On R4 level 5.

Trouble was it was in a very awkward place and not possible to sac...went back to pyramid and got a pick axe then back to R4. Lots of live sacs later and I was out of food. Dashed back to Terinyo for more food and had to eat herbs and drink potions just to get there. Bought all the food and went back to R4. Got to the correct piety level but by this time I was L+. Went to Lawenilothehl and killed some beggars. Back to R4 and got my Pre-crown (finally!). Got Aylas scarf. Went for crown almost immediately and now have Robes of Resistance and immune to fire.

Total game time = 71 days

Worth it? Probably not.

Still happy to have achieved what I wanted to.

At least the reward was worth it! Would have sucked to get the black tome.