Thread: Sinister Dungeon with Antedulivian (sp?) Dwarven Runes (and portal)

Default Sinister Dungeon with Antedulivian (sp?) Dwarven Runes (and portal)

Hey Folks,

I was playing through the latest build after a long hiatus...(my epic dark-elf Bard was just obliterated by a titan...he found a mithril spear of devastation in the unremarkable dungeon at level 1 and it was godly throughout his 16 levels of life). I saw a dungeon described above in the title...a few floors down is a number 8 (ascii) that says is a closed Antedulivan portal. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what it is...It has nothing to do with the dwarven portal you open with the quest. Further, it's not the gate in Dark Forge. I don't know if it's one of the new random dungeons or not...but I couldn't find any online spoilers regarding the closed portal. I tried to pick the lock and it indicated that would be impossible. I zapped it with a knock wand and there was an explosion (ring of ice and bracers of resistance saved me). Let me know if you've seen this before.

Best,
    ocnitsa

This is part of the Rolf quest. You will need to find a special key to unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    This is part of the Rolf quest. You will need to find a special key to unlock it.
    Thanks a million, Grond. Can you tell me one more thing? What does your wand do? I just found the wand of Grond.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_ocnitsa View Post
    Thanks a million, Grond. Can you tell me one more thing? What does your wand do? I just found the wand of Grond.
    It shows a message that depends on the number of insects on the current level.
    Code:
    0  : The wand reassures you with a soothing hum.
    1-2: You feel calm... mostly.
    3-5: You feel some concern.
    6-9: You sense trouble brewing.
    10+: You feel as if you are in deep kimmshee!

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    It shows a message that depends on the number of insects on the current level.
    Code:
    0  : The wand reassures you with a soothing hum.
    1-2: You feel calm... mostly.
    3-5: You feel some concern.
    6-9: You sense trouble brewing.
    10+: You feel as if you are in deep kimmshee!
    Lol! Thanks! I tried it out and got the soothing hum, but had no idea why. Out of greater identify scrolls, too. This new stuff is a hoot.

More precisely, it tells you the number of bugs on the level. Grond being our most expert and prolific slayer of bugs.
    Ben

It is very useful for checking if there's a beehive or anthill on the level if you're deaf.