Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Graphics are AWESOME

Speaking of drop... how in the new interface one drops half the stack of items?

I resorted to using extra climbing sets as missiles, but that is rather inconvenient.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Speaking of drop... how in the new interface one drops half the stack of items?

I resorted to using extra climbing sets as missiles, but that is rather inconvenient.
    Oh I see a small bug/glitch.

Capital letter.

Ie Ctrl-d to get inventory to drop stuff, after you've marked one thing, and this is the bug,the capital letter becomes available , press it and you get a dialog box to drop a select amount.

See suttle difference (in one I've selected a piece of eq).

Cdrops.JPG

drops.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    Haven't played in several days but IIRC 4 toggles multi-select.

It think the new pick/drop system, once you get used to the hotkeys, is really powerful and a massive improvement over pre- 2.3.0 verions. Only thing missing is some kind of equivalent to NetHack's #adjust command, allowing you to reorder inventory items. In most of my games holy water goes to first spot of carried potions and is thus A, and it's always a little annoying when in a game so many other potions types get generated first so that convenience doesn't happen.
    Yes, just the ability to mark all inventory and unmark a few is really nice.

Now to sort out why I can't move missile targeting one square at a time ....

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    Haven't played in several days but IIRC 4 toggles multi-select.
    Looking at blunk's screenshots, it appears that it's actually 9 that toggles multi-select.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Hey, new guy here, hope you don't mind. I found that missile targeting is done by up,down,left,right buttons, while in "target mode?" idk.... but it acts a lot like look mode. My kb doesn't have numpad so idk if that changes anything.

Is there a config variable somewhere to remove the Open Door helper prompt that I'm not seeing? Hitting 'o' is much slower than space bar.

How do I get my game back to the way it was? I don't like these pop up windows showing the options, or the highlighting around the text, and the change to the pickup key.
    AKA: Jbc
    1st win no spoiler & no cheating version 1.1.1
    Favorite Race Class Combo: Darkling Farmer

These God damn pop up boxes are annoying.

I am so sick of these updates, it makes me regret paying for this game.

I played v 2.3.6 on Steam for the first time the other day. I really like the new animated monster sprites (particularly bats), they make the tiled version feel a lot more alive. I think the speech bubbles are a good addition too, a good solution to the problem of conversations disappearing into the message buffer.