Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Graphics are AWESOME

Default New Graphics are AWESOME

just installed the update, and like, like, like the new HUD.

Font looks sharp, and quite readable.

Got any screenshots? I have prerelease access but never bothered with the graphical versions.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Graphics look okay, but man all these extra bubbles related to quest (speech bubble, new quest bubble) seems totally unneeded. Maybe someone needs to make RFE for option to disable them.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

There's the Hide_Speech_Bubbles option in adom.cfg. TB became angry and removed it temporarily because I dared to make an RFE (with 7 priority) about the older dialogue-in-the-message-buffer method looking slightly messier now, until a blind player who relied on that method complained and the option got reinstated. AFAIK there's not yet a way to disable the quest popups.
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

I personally like the speech bubbles. Before, it would be in the message buffer and I would completely miss it. I can understand the older players not caring for it, but I bet it will be quite helpful to newer players and players who play with graphics.

I like the look of new HUD and monster animations look awesome. Still I liked it a lot more when message buffer was at top and statusbar at bottom, I played so many years that way. Anyone found any option to switch their place?

Old Ctrln+m seems to be disabled as well. I don't mind it, but I just want my stat bar at bottom.

Did a first omg ugly run through ud with the new interface (yes run was ugly, not the interface).

Cool with some new monster variants, I like the graphics, also found some new items that my illiterate ratling couldn't id.

Of course some stuff bugs me, mostly regarding control.

"Drop unpaid" previously :d+Y doesnt allow me to mark several things (or did I just miss how?), a bit tedious when you want to sort/stack up store items.

Space bar instead of escape to confirm pickup, no real issue, just need to relearn muscle memory.

Pickup all, previously ; can't find anymore, does it exist?

Haven't looked into adom.cfg to fix my favoured settings (ghosts off, display exp etc) but I assume that works pretty much as before.

Code:
    Ssssnipe    St:14  Le: 2  Wi: 5  Dx:15  To:19  Ch: 5  Ap: 6  Ma: 5  Pe:15
    N=
    DV/PV: 25/16   H: 56(82)   P: 12(12)   Exp: 10/17360   M: 3799

Race: male Ratling        Class: Archer    Star sign: Unicorn

Head          : cursed metal cap [+0, +1]                             [50s]
    Neck          : -
    Body          : chain mail (-1, -3) [-1, +7]                         [400s]
    Girdle        : girdle of strength [+0, +0] {St+1}                    [15s]
    Cloak         : cloak of protection [+0, +3]                          [20s]
    Right Hand    : cursed broken rusty long sword (+0, 1d8)              [40s]
    Left Hand     : cursed wooden shield [+3, +1]                         [80s]
    Right Ring    : -
    Left Ring     : -
    Bracers       : cursed bracers of piety [+0, +0]                       [8s]
    Gauntlets     : -
    Boots         : cursed heavy boots [-1, +4]                           [30s]
    Missile Weapon: light crossbow (+3, +1)                               [70s]
    Missiles      : bundle of 3 quarrels (+1, 2d6)                         [6s]
    Tool          : -

:d x 1
    I think is how you drop all unpaid now. 1 seems to drop 'all' while 2 suggested it drops 'most'... I don't really know what that means. Haven't played around with it too much yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hapro View Post
    :d x 1
    I think is how you drop all unpaid now. 1 seems to drop 'all' while 2 suggested it drops 'most'... I don't really know what that means. Haven't played around with it too much yet.
    Ahh found it, thanks.

Haven't played in several days but IIRC 4 toggles multi-select.

It think the new pick/drop system, once you get used to the hotkeys, is really powerful and a massive improvement over pre- 2.3.0 verions. Only thing missing is some kind of equivalent to NetHack's #adjust command, allowing you to reorder inventory items. In most of my games holy water goes to first spot of carried potions and is thus A, and it's always a little annoying when in a game so many other potions types get generated first so that convenience doesn't happen.