Thread: Extreme Alignments

Default Extreme Alignments

When Rolf's Quest came out, I was excited for a new quest for lawful characters and aimed for a Paragon of Order character. I was really disappointed when I learned that the quest comes with mandatory grave-digging. So not only Ultra endings are largely unavailable to Paragons, but also this. Not to mention that most of Ice Queen quests are only doable with a questionable game mechanic to aggro non-hostiles with missiles.

Same thing with the other extreme, namely C- Chaos Knights. Even chaotic quests like Kill Yrruir are unavailable without giving up the entirety of class bonuses(all the fun and reason to play the class at all). As for Rolf's quest, it feels like there was an attempt to make it available to chaotics by letting us murder for the map fragments, but the throne room is locked for killing dwarves, and Griff's fragment is also out of reach for normal CKs.

Overall, it just feels like the game really encourages you to change alignment, while characters with consistent beliefs are locked out of huge chunks of game's content. I think many of the quests could have fun alternate paths too, so its not an issue that can't be fixed. Ultra Paragons of Order aside, if lawfuls could pray on special graves for their contents, and C chaos knights could kill Sharad-Waador for the Needle(maybe as part of Srraxxarrakex's quest), or bring crumpled scroll to Chaos Archmage instead of Khelavaster for the trident, the game would be a lot more fun for these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    it feels like there was an attempt to make it available to chaotics by letting us murder for the map fragments,
    Maybe it would be cool if chaotics could attain them by pickpocketing?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.