Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rolf quest semi-help needed (possible spoiler inside)

Well I opened a lock, I was NOT ready, I did survive and kill some stuff but oh my, I need to beef up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    While we're at it, I really don't like the idea of the random map fragment.

I cleared most of the game, two greater vaults and all the side dungeons(also the emperor minotaur didn't drop a randart, is that a new nerf?), and just did the ToEF. No 6th fragment in sight.
    Yeah, the random one is a bit of a pain. I've found it twice in the ToEF, once in the dwarven fortress (above the portal), and twice never found it at all. I have the impression it's supposed to appear in a place you're likely to go to anyway, but maybe I'm wrong--if one of those places is the minotaur city, for example, I would never bother. Anyway, I'm not ready yet to create a feature request, I haven't tried to collect the fragments often enought to have a good sense for what's going on with the 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by BenMathiesen View Post
    Yeah, the random one is a bit of a pain. I've found it twice in the ToEF, once in the dwarven fortress (above the portal), and twice never found it at all. I have the impression it's supposed to appear in a place you're likely to go to anyway, but maybe I'm wrong--if one of those places is the minotaur city, for example, I would never bother. Anyway, I'm not ready yet to create a feature request, I haven't tried to collect the fragments often enought to have a good sense for what's going on with the 6th.
    It feels as if my map completed with fewer fragments 4-5, definitely not 6.

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post

Just roll a new char and go at it again or take a break and play something else inbetween.
    yeah lol already got a new char going, maybe third time's the charm

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinRockThrower View Post
    yeah lol already got a new char going, maybe third time's the charm
    I did see the fragment positions on the wiki and either it's incorrect or I had a buggy game.
    I never had to enter bottom of ancient portal to complete the ancient fragments, I did find a few that was supposedly gargantueed but the rest (and here I'm unsure how many) felt random.

So I haven't killed any dwarves except DCKnights but the Dwarven Gladiator won't fork over his fragment to my Trollish Barbarian wielding Rolf's Companion & Savior. Does he just hate Trolls? Do I have to find a way to kill this guy without getting him on my kill list in order to complete the quest? Any theories?

Specifically he says:

"Aye, nicely clad ye are. For one who so value our dwarven culture I do have a valuable gift... A shame that a bastard like you never will receive it. Now go to hell!"

Quote Originally Posted by Albahan View Post
    Any theories?

Specifically he says:

"Aye, nicely clad ye are. For one who so value our dwarven culture I do have a valuable gift... A shame that a bastard like you never will receive it. Now go to hell!"
    Alignment?
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Alignment?
    He seems to be prejudiced against orcs and trolls regardless of alignment. Thankfully not a dealbreaker for completing the quest,
    Last edited by Grond; 10-23-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Alignment?
    Alignment was L

I suppose it would make sense that a Dwarf would be prejudiced against a Troll or Orc. Time to find out how tough he is.

Also, aside from the
    is there any benefit to doing the Volcano Quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    He seems to be prejudiced against orcs and trolls regardless of alignment. Thankfully not a dealbreaker for completing the quest,
    Which is absolutely stupid. Use an obscure mechanic to slaughter some dude in an effort to drop his fragment and have no repercussions for this (silly Rolf can't know about pet kills).

Content-locking is fine if you have different alternatives. Locking out orcs and trolls (which are already on the bottom list of races), as well as CKs.

Hopefully new quests will have some content for, say, Chaos Knights exclusively. If not, we riot!
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.