Thread: Wait? I repaired the Truesilver Axe with a scroll and what happen?

Lightbulb Wait? I repaired the Truesilver Axe with a scroll and what happen?

So ya you get that whole broken truesilver axe from the new Rolf's quest line, from his grave. And i read a scroll of repair, it worked, but i was
    A: at dwarf town lv 36
    B: Smithing (for free vets of adom know how)
    C: playing custom setup mode non-perma death for experiement purposes mostly, no background corruptions
    D: realized smithing wouldnt even bring it up on the list to fix so read a scroll of repair (uncursed one)

GOT a SPECIAL MESSAGE
    "You sense an aura of dread disappering that originated from truly horrible events of the past!"

Not sure what this means and maybe that scroll that was unreadable may have a part in this now and maybe i can read it or such, not sure just wondering
    if anyone else has come across this and what does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Enlonwhite View Post
    So ya you get that whole broken truesilver axe from the new Rolf's quest line, from his grave. And i read a scroll of repair, it worked, but i was
    A: at dwarf town lv 36
    B: Smithing (for free vets of adom know how)
    C: playing custom setup mode non-perma death for experiement purposes mostly, no background corruptions
    D: realized smithing wouldnt even bring it up on the list to fix so read a scroll of repair (uncursed one)

GOT a SPECIAL MESSAGE
    "You sense an aura of dread disappering that originated from truly horrible events of the past!"

Not sure what this means and maybe that scroll that was unreadable may have a part in this now and maybe i can read it or such, not sure just wondering
    Yes did the same with my dwarven ranger, I'm not sure if this is the intended way.

Quote Originally Posted by Enlonwhite View Post
    GOT a SPECIAL MESSAGE

As far as I understand this is working as intended :-) You are surprised about the message, that's the point, correct?
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

Well just not sure what to do about it, only repaired it as a Eh i can and i had plenty of repair scrolls, but i am sure its cause i had smithing skill too this worked.

just not sure what to do after, talk to the dwarf at HMV again? he mentioned how he couldnt stop forgetting about the battle.
    oh but i killed two dwarfs in my travels, (no choice couldnt out run them at the time) So no rolf visits for me.

I get its intended tho, thanks. more worried about intended for what.

If there's a deeper secret to do with that axe, I haven't discovered it yet.

I am guessing there is, however, i am wondering if its related to race, I was a Gray Elf, thinking dwarf might be a better choice cause that scroll you get bothers me, but i am sure being a dwarf would help on it, i think. Or give the scroll to the HMV dwarf guy?

Will try later, actually sounds stupid but i am going over skills and classes to put in a my idea on what to change kind of thing. I have played so long on adom that i got to a point that i DO NOT want to try something new on some race/class /combinations of such due to too many weaknesses or some classes just feeling so lacking compared to others.

Some skills need to go or change. (bridge building cough oops where did it go?) woodcraft.....yeah only slightly better then....Law.....
    (simple fix on law reduces corruption gained per turn or attack that hits ya done wow now its an ok skill)
    I could go on for like 3 more skills but not the point of this post.

Buffs are needed i think, and one i think i can easily tackle is that duel weilding issue, Yes issue! sorry but even in our real world a RARE few have mastered it with NON-light one handed weapons. It took some special skills and a Natural knack but it had been done. I will focus mostly on ranger ideas (as that is the dual weapon focus class). The one agreed thing from all i read is shields are just better overall, I dont want to really take that away but i do want to make duel wielding more tempting and plausible without a shield for even veterans of the game. THE key i think is in energy cost and the DV lost from lack of sheild, though dual wielding should NEVER add PV, this way shields still more tempting really.

Either way hope i am heard and acknowledged as the Opinion it will be.
    After many years of playing hoping for some fresh changes that make it have that spark for all classes.

I just have passionate opinions on the game. It is because I love it, the game is not bad, just feel it needs a change on some aspects. Sorry if this opinion of mine hurts.
    Last edited by Enlonwhite; 11-20-2017 at 02:44 AM. Reason: clarification