Thread: 3600s armor?

Default 3600s armor?

Today when I was adventuring through the druid dungeon on a dwarven paladin I found a piece of "splint mail" armor that weighed 3600s. Now, this was not my first game of adom, so I was a bit confused on how a piece of armor weighed 3600s, as the only armor that I knew of that could weigh that much would be moloch armor, which is 15000s. Unfortunately I was not able to equip it due to my max weight being only 3000s, and I died shortly afterwards to a slug. Any idea what armor it would be? The wiki and other resources say nothing about a piece of armor that weighs that much(this was on r60).

It was an ultra-heavy splint mail. Some armors and weapons have prefixes or suffixes and that's one of the options. Ultra-heavy makes it 8x as heavy.

Huh, interesting. I don't think I've ever seen an ultra-heavy item before. Cool.

Your case would be an easy decision. Definitely an useless item.
    Just thought that Ultra Heavy Scalpels (8s) would be quite amusing
    Slugs and Black Druid are the main reasons to avoid the Druid Dungeon. Have you eaten an ant in the Puppy Dungeon first before fighting a slug? If not it is definitely extremely dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Feiyun View Post
    Your case would be an easy decision. Definitely an useless item.
    Just thought that Ultra Heavy Scalpels (8s) would be quite amusing
    Slugs and Black Druid are the main reasons to avoid the Druid Dungeon. Have you eaten an ant in the Puppy Dungeon first before fighting a slug? If not it is definitely extremely dangerous.
    Slugs are half the reason to do DD instead of VD. All that delicious hope of a rare intrinsic from a rare corpse! Oscar Wilde had it wrong all along; it ain't cigarettes but giant slugs at the bottom of a dank cave full of angry animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    Slugs are half the reason to do DD instead of VD. All that delicious hope of a rare intrinsic from a rare corpse! Oscar Wilde had it wrong all along; it ain't cigarettes but giant slugs at the bottom of a dank cave full of angry animals.
    I don't believe acid immunity is necessary. It just looks good, as acid resistance is basically all you need. Trying to hunt a rare and dangerous early game monster hoping for a rare corpse on par with a giant warrior ant corpse is way too much of a risky tradeoff. You have annoying cats, strong acid bolt breather, a darkness caster and stat drainer at the stage of the game where you are unlikely to be able to deal with yet.

If you want a really rare intrinsic, kill Blup every game and hope for his water breathing intrinsic corpse! However the reward really just isn't worth risking being washed away (and melted by acid)

Quote Originally Posted by Feiyun View Post
    I don't believe acid immunity is necessary. It just looks good, as acid resistance is basically all you need. Trying to hunt a rare and dangerous early game monster hoping for a rare corpse on par with a giant warrior ant corpse is way too much of a risky tradeoff. You have annoying cats, strong acid bolt breather, a darkness caster and stat drainer at the stage of the game where you are unlikely to be able to deal with yet.

If you want a really rare intrinsic, kill Blup every game and hope for his water breathing intrinsic corpse! However the reward really just isn't worth risking being washed away (and melted by acid)
    I mostly play characters that really should go with DD, but haven't in done so in the past because of my own laziness. I tend to roll through the meat grinder pretty fast, though, and only go slowly when some real potential shows up.