Thread: I'm not quite understanding the Shops/Vaults modifiers

Default I'm not quite understanding the Shops/Vaults modifiers

From what I can tell, the weekly challenge takes place entirely in the Infinite dungeon, which you cannot leave, and which has no dungeon features like shops, vaults, pools or altars.

Is there any special meaning to the challenge games occasionally coming with modifiers that increase or decrease the frequency of these features? Same about the "no prayer" restriction - without altars, you get a maximum of 2-3 prayers, which makes a small difference, but isn't important in the long term.

Or am I missing something, and the weekly challenge lets you leave and play the game normally once you reach the "special level"? I've never gotten that far down, of course.

Edit: Wait, I have been out of the loop. Just hit an Infinite Dungeon shop for the first time.
    Last edited by Arancaytar; 11-12-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Though I'm still slightly confused. Do ID features only generate in challenge mode? If this is also in regular games, then I can't find any record of the change here on the forum, nor on the wiki.

Only challenge mode.

I think the Infinite mode one is for retrieval of the Chaos scepter on like floor 66 or such. ( you dive you get it you get out). That or see how deep you can go, (only one char, who did half the game first ever got past floor 99, then well it does that whole lv?? thing and such lost track of what floor i was on but i died within a dozen. I think it was an archer or wizard.)

The challenge mode is just to see how deep you can go, the retrieval of the chaos scepter is a self imposed challenge that unlocks the "Iron Man" achievement.