Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Public ADOM 2.3.8 (release 81) available

Quote Originally Posted by UFOsAreReal View Post
    Seems like the messages lag behind one step. You kill a monster, then you have to take another turn to see the death message.
    This was really annoying when checking out the items in the black market (as I usually do at the start of all my games). When stepping on the first item no message was displayed and then after that when stepping on to the next item always the previous item was displayed instead.

Found A Workaround.

Start your game. When in the game ESC and Go to Settings, then game settings. Change from Tiles to Mini Tiles. Apply settings. Go back to game settings and change back to Tiles. Apply the settings. Wa-Lah!
    If you have this problem and use ASCII or mini-tiles or double mini-tiles I would suggest changing modes and changing back.
    Last edited by UFOsAreReal; 11-15-2017 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Clarification.

Found A Workaround.

Start your game. When in the game ESC and Go to Settings, then game settings. Change from Tiles to Mini Tiles. Apply settings. Go back to game settings and change back to Tiles. Apply the settings. Wa-Lah!
    If you have this problem and use ASCII or mini-tiles or double mini-tiles I would suggest changing modes and changing back.
    Switching to ASCII mode and back again by pressing F10 twice fixes it as well and is easier than going through the settings.

Thanks man.

Other than a few quirks I am liking the latest version tremendously.

Seems like the messages lag behind one step. You kill a monster, then you have to take another turn to see the death message.

Crashed and froze once so far. A little wonky still.
    Sounds weird. We don't get these reports from others. Have you filed a bug report at http://www.adom.de/bugs
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

Crashed and froze once so far. A little wonky still.
    It happens all the time, when I hit enemies, when I pick up the loot, when I start a conversation, there's always a second of lag between the dialogs in the screen.

No crashes here. Playing with old computer, xp, 2gb RAM
    The great truth is there isn't one
    And it only gets worse since that conclusion
    The irony of being an extension to nothing
    And the force of inertia is now a vital factor

like @salass00 said

Switching to ASCII mode and back again by pressing F10 twice fixes it as well and is easier than going through the settings.
    I can live with that.

Finally was able to download this new version and i've been very very impressed by the amount of polishing adom got since the last public release from 2 years ago.
    The interface is really great , the mouse-driven menus are excellent and will very likely attract people that don't like learning so many key shortcuts like it's usually the norm in the roguelike genre.

Quote Originally Posted by salass00 View Post
    Thank you for that, this was a very very annoying problem, very detrimental to the game enjoyment to me and this fixes it (though must be done everytime you launch the game), and since then i had plenty of fun with this 2.3.8

Excellent work.