Thread: Rolf Problems [very minor spoilers]

Default Rolf Problems [very minor spoilers]

I was playing as an orc barbarian, and I had gotten all of the map fragments over the course of being level 13 to 19 without too much difficulty, but when I went to the fortress at level 19, the Truesilver golem completely destroyed me. I had Rolf's axe and shield, along with a reasonable Str of 29, so I'm wondering, what is a good level to visit Rolf?

Also, two smaller questions along the same vein? What is special about truesilver and is there any way to get the random map fragment without worrying that some random monster across the map will fall into a trap and generate the fragment without you knowing?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzcrank View Post
    I was playing as an orc barbarian, and I had gotten all of the map fragments over the course of being level 13 to 19 without too much difficulty, but when I went to the fortress at level 19, the Truesilver golem completely destroyed me. I had Rolf's axe and shield, along with a reasonable Str of 29, so I'm wondering, what is a good level to visit Rolf?

Also, two smaller questions along the same vein? What is special about truesilver and is there any way to get the random map fragment without worrying that some random monster across the map will fall into a trap and generate the fragment without you knowing?
    Have good damage output for golem (some berserk tremendous blows with some prayers should have been enough) or kite with construct slaying arrows. I think it is more question of gear not levels.

Truesilver's silver special is being light I guess. Well, classically mithril should be on that weight, but this is not Tolkien.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)