Thread: So DOOR traps or traps you trigger (fireball) counts as killing it yourself? Cats?

Question So DOOR traps or traps you trigger (fireball) counts as killing it yourself? Cats?

SO kept getting cats on some games with a dark elf paladain, (one game with a tension room full of them, druid lv)

Anyway, i thought back awhile ago they changed it so that monsters killed by traps (even if you triggered it) didnt count as a kill.

So this situation I realized i couldnt out run the Feline Cave tiger, so i walked it to a door, and just kicked the door hoping it was trapped, irconic that it indeed was!

How ever much I was laughing at the rng, I realized that my exp had gone up.....

That meant it counted as my kill.....Well lets prep for a Cat lord fight mid to end game now.

Is there a reason why it counts? I mean I understand I triggered the trap door in this case on purpose (but if i had just tried to open it an it was a fireball per say), then some cases it wouldnt be intended but still count against ya?

Making it walk over an acid trap or corruption trap doesnt count so why should fireball and door traps? or traps in general count?

Default Picture evidence

ADOM Wild cat killed by falling door but still my kill apparenlty.png THE KILL PROOF of record (i got a receipt for my lucky door kick lol )

Final Kick hope cat killed.png The situation and result before Kill record was thought to be looked at.

I believe the intention is if you trigger the trap, then you're responsible for the death. If you create a trap and trick the cat into killing itself, then the cat is responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by hapro View Post
    I believe the intention is if you trigger the trap, then you're responsible for the death. If you create a trap and trick the cat into killing itself, then the cat is responsible.
    I have a vague recollection that this was changed at some point. As in cat lord will be pissed if you manage to kill cats with traps you made with wand of trap creation. I might remember this wrong so please correct it. Would make my life easier too if I could just traps to kill cats when they are not avoidable.

EDIT: Went through changelog with search and no mention about cats and traps. So might be my imagination fabricated this idea.
    Last edited by Drifted; 11-15-2017 at 07:44 AM.

At least if fireball is triggered (floor specificly, and door since it could be behind it and you not know) and it wasnt with the trigger Trap command, i feel the fireball shouldnt be counted as you killing but the rock and falling door trap (for door), i guess really is YOU setting it up.

TO BE FRANK, I really didnt know the door i kicked was trapped, just kicked hoped and laughed when it worked. Just image a character frustrated with a cat that wont leave him alone kick a door then suddenly the door falls on the cat killing it. XD so funny to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Enlonwhite View Post
    At least if fireball is triggered (floor specificly, and door since it could be behind it and you not know) and it wasnt with the trigger Trap command, i feel the fireball shouldnt be counted as you killing but the rock and falling door trap (for door), i guess really is YOU setting it up.

TO BE FRANK, I really didnt know the door i kicked was trapped, just kicked hoped and laughed when it worked. Just image a character frustrated with a cat that wont leave him alone kick a door then suddenly the door falls on the cat killing it. XD so funny to think about.
    Well, I think they still did not fix... that if goblin touches door - it blows and kills cat... it is still your kill even if you were nowhere close to that door.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Well, I think they still did not fix... that if goblin touches door - it blows and kills cat... it is still your kill even if you were nowhere close to that door.
    Haha that is so evil, I love it. Typically ADOM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Wait so if a door explodes or other wise, and you didnt do it you still get the kill count? Thats a little well, something you cant control but isnt common, thing that going to bite you in the butt.
    So if they step on a fireball trap and kill it do you get the kill too? Because i just did that on an save and didnt even check my kill list. It was a cave lion so might as well check now.