Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ACW buffed?

Default ACW buffed?

It had 3 attacks before, no? New ACW is also faster and heals more aggressively than I remember.
    Selection_061.png

Damage also seems good deal to high. Is it possible it leveled up somehow? (killing other bobs, adjusting to char level smthing like that) High level mobs typically get more attacks.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Probably it was just fighting in a blind rage. This would account for the extra attacks, and possibly also the variable DV. Since attacks can be substituted for heal spells, healing becomes more problematic when the wyrm is raging. Crazy max damage I would guess is due to breath attacks (monster memory counts breath attacks as hits for full non-resistant damage, even if the PC is immune). Monster speed can vary quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Damage also seems good deal to high. Is it possible it leveled up somehow? (killing other bobs, adjusting to char level smthing like that) High level mobs typically get more attacks.
    It didn't kill any monsters, at least in my view. PC had level 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    Probably it was just fighting in a blind rage. This would account for the extra attacks, and possibly also the variable DV. Since attacks can be substituted for heal spells, healing becomes more problematic when the wyrm is raging. Crazy max damage I would guess is due to breath attacks (monster memory counts breath attacks as hits for full non-resistant damage, even if the PC is immune). Monster speed can vary quite a bit.
    Yep, that makes sense. Yikes. One of those rare instances where game fails to kill you despite inattention and carelessness.

Yes, he's nasty if you try to melee him.

Run run, shoot shoot and wave those wands boy.

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    Run run, shoot shoot and wave those wands boy.
    Wands alone should be enough...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!

Wands alone should be enough...
    Well if you have a wand of poison, 3 casts of that should be enough. But it'll take quite a few casts of almost anything else, so shooting ammo might work faster/better depending on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by pjsb1 View Post
    Well if you have a wand of poison, 3 casts of that should be enough. But it'll take quite a few casts of almost anything else, so shooting ammo might work faster/better depending on the situation.
    Booze is rather unlimited resource in ADOM, no?

Booze is rather unlimited resource in ADOM, no?
    In theory yes, in practice no.

I often get no booze from the source that supposedly should provide it and while you could respawn them inifitely I don't do that.
    Also booze and recharge scrolls are needed for other wands through the game.

While wand of cold is very nice the wyrm also shrugs a good amount and you risk it panic/running away.

Slaying ammo are !shrug and keeps him in range.

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    In theory yes, in practice no.

I often get no booze from the source that supposedly should provide it and while you could respawn them inifitely I don't do that.
    Also booze and recharge scrolls are needed for other wands through the game.

While wand of cold is very nice the wyrm also shrugs a good amount and you risk it panic/running away.

Slaying ammo are !shrug and keeps him in range.
    Well, main point of using wands is to make fight one sided by using meat shields. Fire demons shrug more than him. As long as there is nice corridor and meat between us, I don't care about his damage, blind rage, etc. Blessed elemental wand has range of 16+, so he will be blasted if he runs. Well, he will likely be blasted anyway.

Wand of cold in such a situation is actually bad since it does normal damage to Wyrm and extra to shields.

I guess everyone has it's own priorities, but for me wands and recharging goes like:
    -emergencies -- which means one damage wand (preferably blessed for extra range) and tp wand should have 3-4 charges (always if possible).
    -Wyrm killing
    -fireballing Earth temple.

I typically get some booze of beggars -- especially in very beginning if only to Id booze pot. Typically do not farm beggars, but I do not tend to generate lots of emergencies.