Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New items, new artifacts, new mechanics.

Default New items, new artifacts, new mechanics.

Hi.

Been buried in other games for awhile and fired up adom again.

From what I read in changelog there is 46! new artifacts (and I played with some of the other new items like levitation).

Found quicksilver bracers [+7,+3] +6 speed , guarded by a special monster in UD (swordsman I think, that I probably berserked to death).
    I quess I could suicide to see if they show up as artifact or not but they seem to be artifact level good.
    And considering I'm playing a fate/drakeling/merchant chances of death screen is never far away.
    Yes, I forgot to spot/look for power surge message, maybe they're a bracer version of the sword of sharpness?

Have you found any of the new ones?
    Is there a list? , knowing this game its probably up to us to find out.

I guess the Cat Lord had a stern talk with the merchant guild.
    Confirmed once more that the shopkeepers will NOT help us kill stuff anymore, a shame and this really puts an extra notch in HMW difficulty, I guess it removes scumability in "hole in the wall" and cats around dwarf town are possibly more safe.

Nice little advice here and there for new players (early prayers, how to sell, terinyo advice etc) looks really good.

Random special named monsters, shouldn't they show up in the bottom of kill list?

The noteye/steam versions of ADOM include items.html and monsters.html files; new items and monsters are added to the end of the lists. I've compiled a list of all the new items and what they do (3.0.x_Changes#Items), this will get added to the main wiki... eventually.

Surge of power guardians are named, but have no special powers beyond being generated at a high level. They are not included in the list of backer boss monster kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    The noteye/steam versions of ADOM include items.html and monsters.html files; new items and monsters are added to the end of the lists. I've compiled a list of all the new items and what they do (3.0.x_Changes#Items), this will get added to the main wiki... eventually.

Surge of power guardians are named, but have no special powers beyond being generated at a high level. They are not included in the list of backer boss monster kills.
    Ahh thanks that explains it, and damn that was good intrinsics, I was happy just with the stats.

A lot of new very powerful artifacts good that we'll see less of cats claw and black thumb in the future.

Found the new small village next to coc, that big potion shop, omg, guess its nice not having to grind as much.

I went through all this trouble to get TotRR for the firestarter area, and I don't even think it's worth using over gleaming axe or black whip of extinction.

TotRR: 75/85 +167 6d12+61 (67-133)
    Whip : 104/83 +124 4d8+55 (59-87)
    Rolf : 102/93 +128 5d8+50 (55-90)
    Mino : 55/77 +131 4d20+74 (78-154)

I guess Trident is best for Balors. I like whip for everything else, though.

I got a lot of new artifacts this run. A lot of them are pretty neat and really good. Finally had a reason to use boomerangs the entire game.
    Last edited by hapro; 12-23-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Ok, well, super-experienced ghost kings are instakills for non-elves. Next time don't melee ghost kings.

lol you're telling me... had a recent run-in with a threat room of ghost kings in DH:2, that was an experience...

Does anyone have had testing on the new bloodsucking artifacts yet? I rolled Masher recently (300s mace, (+1) 4d5+4 [-2,-0] +0 Str, Str and flat damage scaling), and that was getting out of hand until SMC gave me some greater mimic meatloaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    Does anyone have had testing on the new bloodsucking artifacts yet? I rolled Masher recently (300s mace, (+1) 4d5+4 [-2,-0] +0 Str, Str and flat damage scaling), and that was getting out of hand until SMC gave me some greater mimic meatloaf.
    Nope, but I just found 2 new artifacts, A staff that produce herb bushes, oh joy for this farmer ! yes my farmer found this!

Also scroll shop generated some very expensive artifact scroll that supposedly sometimes acts like magic mapping.

Found truesilver items but no idea if they have any extra benefit, according to wiki it seems like a material just like others.
    The 2d8+3 truesilver handaxe of slaughtering coulda been useful but got a major haul with a. Eternium spear and sword b. sword of sharpness c. battle axe of devastation.

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    Nope, but I just found 2 new artifacts, A staff that produce herb bushes, oh joy for this farmer ! yes my farmer found this!

Also scroll shop generated some very expensive artifact scroll that supposedly sometimes acts like magic mapping.

Found truesilver items but no idea if they have any extra benefit, according to wiki it seems like a material just like others.
    The 2d8+3 truesilver handaxe of slaughtering coulda been useful but got a major haul with a. Eternium spear and sword b. sword of sharpness c. battle axe of devastation.
    It's extremely light, could make a use in the quickling tree.

Quote Originally Posted by hapro View Post
    I went through all this trouble to get TotRR for the firestarter area, and I don't even think it's worth using over gleaming axe or black whip of extinction.

TotRR: 75/85 +167 6d12+61 (67-133)
    Whip : 104/83 +124 4d8+55 (59-87)
    Rolf : 102/93 +128 5d8+50 (55-90)
    Mino : 55/77 +131 4d20+74 (78-154)

I guess Trident is best for Balors. I like whip for everything else, though.

I got a lot of new artifacts this run. A lot of them are pretty neat and really good. Finally had a reason to use boomerangs the entire game.
    Ha! That boomerang artifact is the one I submitted. I loved the idea of boomerangs but could never justify using them, so I thought ' why not an artifact boomerang...'