Thread: Ratling thief (and other gold stealers)

Default Ratling thief (and other gold stealers)

So I'm back after a year or so, and suddenly there's a brand new version release! I've only glanced at the changelog/wiki a bit and am trying to avoid spoiling myself of the new changes. That being said, I just lost over 8k gold (out of 11k total) to a ratling thief in a single steal, and it dropped nothing when I killed it. Has anything changed to make thieves more threatening?
    Wins:
    Fated Hurthling Weaponsmith Paragon | Mist Elf Steel Wizard | Gnome Wizard UCG | Dark Elf Beastfighter | Titanium Gnome Bard (w/ L548 giant boar)
    Troll Healer ULE

Quote Originally Posted by zliplus View Post
    So I'm back after a year or so, and suddenly there's a brand new version release! I've only glanced at the changelog/wiki a bit and am trying to avoid spoiling myself of the new changes. That being said, I just lost over 8k gold (out of 11k total) to a ratling thief in a single steal, and it dropped nothing when I killed it. Has anything changed to make thieves more threatening?
    This?

They do offer some stolen gold to their gods. Mine standard procedure is drop all gold once one of these is in sight. A bit annoying, true.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

No, it was just a regular ratling thief in the big room. I didn't see the god of thieves message either (does low Perception matter?).
    Wins:
    Fated Hurthling Weaponsmith Paragon | Mist Elf Steel Wizard | Gnome Wizard UCG | Dark Elf Beastfighter | Titanium Gnome Bard (w/ L548 giant boar)
    Troll Healer ULE

A few days ago I had some gold stolen by a junior thief, and some of it disappeared, and I don't think there was a god of thiefs message. Maybe it's bugged somehow? Could be also that I just zoned it out.