Thread: New floor/room message?

Default New floor/room message?

I recently have gotten "a solemn aura permeates this area." Anyone know what this is about?

Edit: Same floor about 40 steps later "you shiver in anticipation of something special that you feel is going to happen."

Edit: Same floor: You discover a memorial statue dedicated to an ancient hero of Ancaridan lore. You face the statue of Roumar Yardin... At least that's your recollection from an old fairy tale...

Is it just the statue?
    Last edited by Tyrnyx; 01-07-2018 at 06:14 PM.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrnyx View Post
    I recently have gotten "a solemn aura permeates this area." Anyone know what this is about?

Edit: Same floor about 40 steps later "you shiver in anticipation of something special that you feel is going to happen."

Edit: Same floor: You discover a memorial statue dedicated to an ancient hero of Ancaridan lore. You face the statue of Roumar Yardin... At least that's your recollection from an old fairy tale...

Is it just the statue?
    It's some special statues. I recommend not kicking this one.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Default New Special Statue

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    It's some special statues. I recommend not kicking this one.
    I haven't kicked one - now I am tempted. That, or mucking with an orb on top of one.

Both of those messages are tied only to the legendary statues as far as we know. Their ultimate purpose remains unknown as of this time. I have some theories that they are related to the scroll of omnipotence and possibly the weird tome... I'm also curious as to why each statue has a specific element associated. Finally, there doesn't appear to be a mana statue... why is that? =)