Thread: Mindcrafter + Circlet of the Pure Mind

Default Mindcrafter + Circlet of the Pure Mind

Next time that someone gets a mindcrafter with the circlet of the pure mind, I'd like them to test blasting an undead it on and off. I want to see if it reduces damage like the level 50 perk.

So, a challenge, everyone go and crown a mindcrafter so I can figure out if the feature got included. My most recent mindcrafter got staff of the wanderer (then died) so no luck for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrnyx View Post
    I think I'll try to add to the Mindcrafter :

Circlet of the Pure Mind [+2,+2] {Wi+8}
    --Head--
    +Same Effects as Protection from Undead Amulet
    +Confusion Resistance
    +Death Resistance

[Additionally if not too overpowered or too difficult to code]
    -Damage from Mindcraft on Undead is reduced by 1/4 - additive with level 50 bonus.
    -Able to sense Undead when using Eyes of the Mind

This without the add-ons could also be thematically good for priests instead of Skullcrusher (which doesn't really fit IMHO)

Manacles of Madness [-4,+4] {Le+5}
    --Bracer--
    +See Invisible (crazy people see invisible things)
    +Teleportis
    +Charged Effect (increases PP regeneration)
    +Acid Resistance
    -Duration of confusion is doubled

[Additionally if not too difficult to code or seen as too much]
    -If not a Mindcrafter every X turns there is a check against willpower to prevent Y turns of confusion

I wanted to emphasize that "meditation and inner peace" that would allow a Mindcrafter to control what would otherwise cause madness in other characters. I was also trying to create Artifacts that would be emphasize the strengths of a Mindcrafter, extra-resistance to confusion and tele-control, but would be mediocre/difficult for most other classes. Dunno how manacles would effect to-hit but i'm not worried about it
    Last edited by Tyrnyx; 01-11-2018 at 11:39 PM.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

Next time that someone gets a mindcrafter with the circlet of the pure mind, I'd like them to test blasting an undead it on and off. I want to see if it halves damage like the level 50 perk.

So, a challenge, everyone go and crown a mindcrafter so I can figure out if the feature got included. My most recent mindcrafter got staff of the wanderer (then died) so no luck for me.
    You can probably test it with any character that finds it if you have a couple of staff of swirling mind (I say a couple because recharge time is rather long).

The best I can give you is that it's awesome for a non caster with concentration and low pp regen.

Got it with orc weapon smith who's normal pp regen is abysmal, with this thing I could actually cast things because I got mana back and that quite fast even.

Edit: and the huge willpower boost is so so so good for area spells , including wand of fireball.
    Last edited by blunk; 01-11-2018 at 11:45 PM.

It seems to halve the damage. Stacks multiplicatively with the level 50 power.

If you don't mind. How do you know? Did you test at level 49 and not 50. Then again?

I'm just saying that because 1 - (1/2 + 1/4) = 1/4 is the same as (1/2)(1/2) = 1/4 so it would be impossible to test at level 50 whether it was a quarter additive or half multiplicative.

Could you test also if you can sense undead with eyes of the mind with it (I doubt it but why not check)
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

If you don't mind. How do you know? Did you test at level 49 and not 50. Then again?

I'm just saying that because 1 - (1/2 + 1/4) = 1/4 is the same as (1/2)(1/2) = 1/4 so it would be impossible to test at level 50 whether it was a quarter additive or half multiplicative.

Could you test also if you can sense undead with eyes of the mind with it (I doubt it but why not check)
    I tested all possible combinations. A single source of protection (either level 50 power or circlet) brings the damage down from around 10 to around 5.

The eyes of the mind suggestion doesn't really make sense, as the power already detects all undead monsters except zombie and steel zombie. These two monsters are still undetectable when the circlet is equipped.