Thread: Changes

Default Changes

Hey guys. I've been away for a while and I see a lot of changes in the game, almost universally good.
    I'm switching from ~R59 or something, all the way to R87.
    The UI takes some getting used to and some customization but nothing I can't handle.

However, I seem to be missing something, namely "drop all items" command.
    Drop has been overhauled and now filtering can be used with it for multiple items which is great.
    However, when I'm changing alignment but have low piety, I want to drop all items except a single artifact, to avoid curse/dust.
    How can I do that quickly? Is there a variable somewhere? It used to be :d+ command in the old versions but that seems to be missing now, at least in the extended drop menu.

Second thing, I deliberately avoided reading about new quests and locations.
    Is the new content as obscure as back in the old days, when people were discovering ultras etc, or is it more streamlined so that you can stumble upon all the new stuff in the course of a regular gameplay?
    I'm not a speedrunner and I like to grind and fully explore all locations so I guess I will find most of the stuff eventually but still.
    I'm worried that my old habits might hinder me in some ways, like always talking to the mystic while N, or slaying random dwarven children to switch alignment quickly or even killing everybody in the assassin's guild before the final dive, to get the dagger and pair it with its twin in bdc.
    Anything you can tell me without spoiling the fun of discovering new content?

Finally, thumbs up for artifact whips at last. Got precrowned with a whip of extinction on my GE mindcrafter.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

"d 1" lets you drop all items
    gremlin - karmic lizard, dark orc, acid vortex, staring eye - dragon turtle, fairy dragon, ogre lord, minotaur emperor - pit viper, orc butcher - greater mimic, dark elven wizard, carrion crawler, dwarven child - imp - ochre jelly, dark elven archer, king cobra, goodwife - kobold shaman, magebane eye, floating eye, quickling king - giant centipede, hill orc sergeant, mimic hivemind, greater claw bug, brown bear, large gnoll - giant bee queen, giant ant warrior, shadow centipede, kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    "d 1" lets you drop all items
    Ah perfect, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Second thing, I deliberately avoided reading about new quests and locations.
    Is the new content as obscure as back in the old days, when people were discovering ultras etc, or is it more streamlined so that you can stumble upon all the new stuff in the course of a regular gameplay?
    In terms of new areas and quests there's only one thing that comes close to the obscurity of ultras. There are reasonable in-game clues for most stuff. Some mysteries still remain, however.

I'm not a speedrunner and I like to grind and fully explore all locations so I guess I will find most of the stuff eventually but still.
    I'm worried that my old habits might hinder me in some ways, like always talking to the mystic while N, or slaying random dwarven children to switch alignment quickly or even killing everybody in the assassin's guild before the final dive, to get the dagger and pair it with its twin in bdc.
    Anything you can tell me without spoiling the fun of discovering new content?
    If you like fully exploring the three level unassuming cave, try skipping it every once in a while. Some of the other stuff you mentioned will hinder you, but what you did wrong will be made fairly obvious.

Ah perfect, thanks.
    And it gets better, Ctrl-d brings up items to drop, press 1 to mark all, then you can unmark a few and press spacebar to drop everything but unselected items.

You can also use filtering in situations that previously didnt have filtering (like press = for rings).

It takes a bit getting used to but is better than it was previously.

Yeah I kept waiting for the moment when I could just get into the inventory, press % and just select everything that is not stomafillia.
    It's good to finally have that feature.

Question

Did the Cat Lord's behavior change in a recent release? I was all scared to find him, after killing a cat.

But instead, it's neutral. ?

And there seems to be a limit to blessing of potions of gain attributes.
    I can no longer dip even one, after some number I have manipulated in a game.

Odd, I could not dip if I selected potions, but could if all items were unfiltered
    Last edited by Mobius; 01-16-2018 at 01:41 AM. Reason: correction?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    And there seems to be a limit to blessing of potions of gain attributes.
    I can no longer dip even one, after some number I have manipulated in a game.

Odd, I could not dip if I selected potions, but could if all items were unfiltered
    There is a bug where the filter sometimes hides the item in the bottom, can be annoying when dipping.
    A workaround is to not filter or wield/tool slot the item that needs to be dipped if it doesn't show up correct.

Edit: it seems more common when I carry a LOT of stuff.

Cat lord have been like that since ... probably 1.2 (1-2 kills --> neutral).