Thread: Darnok, Orcish barbarian - my first Steam win

Default Darnok, Orcish barbarian - my first Steam win

My first win on Steam version of ADOM. A very standard win, achieved with my favourite combination - Orcish barbarian of raven sign. The whole game was stable and without critical situations, only once hp dropped to 19, as usual in Haggar cave lvl:5, due to moment of carelessness. The hardest moment was as usual Mana Temple (despite Varn approached me quickly) - there I used prayer and one Water Orb shot. D:50, though it generated undiggable, was cleaned easily. With RCT on hand, balors are of no threat.

Some other key facts:

- Crowning: Grod and lightning immunity.
    - ACW killed with 2 RCT throws.
    - 2 wishes (7lb and banshee).
    - D:41: room of White Wyrms that blocked the passage through the dungeon. Used wish for a banshee, counting that her scream will kill a few of them - but it was almost immediately killed by ice cone breathed by a wyrm. Then I decided to lure single wyrms upstairs and there hit them with RCT thrown. It worked.
    - Close to the deepest sections of CoC I got annoying "you hat the sun" corruption. Because of a darkness it produced, I ran out of it into the cat, and Cat Lord's ring exploded - that happened first time in my ADOM career. However I noticed then that in red dragons vault on D:45 I picked ring of immunity - honest substitution.
    - D:47: room of 22 balors. With RCT on hand it was a piece of cake. Thanks for that this character got my record in number of Balors killed - 31.
    - 1 Ki-Rin killed - I put on AMW against possible death ray attack and this very rare monster was not an issue.
    - It was my first brute force hero who didn't acquire courage skill.

Full log HERE

Code:
    Darnok       St:51  Le: 6  Wi:25  Dx:23  To:36  Ch: 5  Ap:12  Ma:11  Pe:12  N=
    DV/PV:77/43   H:751(751)     P:99(99)       Exp:39/14386223    DrCh  Sp:111
    Blessed Invisible Bloated
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Background Information

Name: Darnok              Race: male Orc            Class: Barbarian
    Eye color: black          Hair color: black         Complexion: brown
    Height: 5'10"             Weight: 194 pounds
    Star sign: Raven          Birthday: 9/Raven (day 9 of the year)

Inventory
    Total weight: 7253 stones                Carrying capacity: 12292 stones

Head          : uncursed rustproof crown of regeneration [+0, +0]     [55s]
    Neck          : blessed amulet of indomitable life {To+10}             [2s] // potion of uselessness
    Body          : uncursed red dragon scale mail (-1, -4) [-1, +15]    [220s] // Darkforge
    Girdle        : blessed girdle of giant strength [+0, +0] {St+11}     [30s]
    Cloak         : uncursed cloak of invisibility (-1, +0) [+4, +0]      [30s]
    Right Hand    : blessed lead-filled mace "Big Punch" (+1, 8d5+3) [-6, +0]
    Left Hand     : blessed large eternium shield [+14, +5]               [54s]
    Right Ring    : uncursed ring of slaying (+9 melee damage, +6 missile damage)
    Left Ring     : uncursed ring of immunity                              [1s] // red dragon vault, D:45
    Bracers       : uncursed rustproof bracers of regeneration [+0, +0]   [18s]
    Gauntlets     : uncursed elemental gauntlets (-1, +0) [+0, +3]        [10s]
    Boots         : blessed seven league boots [+1, +0]                   [30s]
    Missile Weapon: -
    Missiles      : blessed rune-covered trident (+6, 3d12+6) [+4, +4] {Dx+12}
    Tool          : blessed everburning torch [+3, +0]                    [10s]

His achievements during his battles:

Darnok, the orcish barbarian, saved the world with his brave efforts and
    became a great ruler while saving himself 19 times.
    He scored 8938612 points and advanced to level 39.
    He survived for 0 years, 73 days, 9 hours, 48 minutes and 45 seconds (90556
    turns).
    Last edited by zymnos; 01-18-2018 at 10:51 AM.