Thread: Difficulty monsters personalized mode

Default Difficulty monsters personalized mode

I've made one lucky smc -> dwarf town run with stuff on hard but that was awhile and I basically have no experience on hard.

Have anyone finished the game with monsters on hard?

What would you say the main difference is?

ie more hps on monsters? monsters deal more damage? higher dl monsters?

Monster DV, PV, HP, and damage (despite what stethoscope says) are increased by around 20%. Monster attacks also seem to be more likely to hit. This makes the early game a lot more difficult for non-casters that don't start with good equipment. By the mid-game, this mostly just makes fights more tedious, although bosses that already have high DV or PV become more interesting. Casters are largely unaffected.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    Monster DV, PV, HP, and damage (despite what stethoscope says) are increased by around 20%. Monster attacks also seem to be more likely to hit. This makes the early game a lot more difficult for non-casters that don't start with good equipment. By the mid-game, this mostly just makes fights more tedious, although bosses that already have high DV or PV become more interesting. Casters are largely unaffected.
    Thanks, yes early game will certainly be even more challenging.
    Also noticed this impacted on achievements (even if you make a more difficult setting), I guess it's also a separate highscore.